We were advised that the Bell Inn was one of the best pubs for food in Essex - we have been twice - the first time to see if was good enough for our friend who was going to be 80 - it was as good as we had heard., We booked for the 80th Birthday and we all had a wonderful time.
Food was excellent and the wine very good and at good prices. The service was great.
We have told other friends and they went there yesterday - they were also very pleased.
We will go again soon. We did not stay in the hotel because we only live about 30 mins away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bell Inn Hotel is a boutique establishment featuring 27 individually-styled bedrooms. Some are above the 15th century coaching Inn with the rest in 2 beautifully converted Georgian buildings, a few paces up the high street. Rooms vary in size from cosy nooks to grand suites. All feature modern and period twists that are sympathetic to the listed buildings that house them. The hotel appears in The Times Cool Hotel List May 2014. Award winning food and bars are available in The Bell Inn and The Ostlers. Room Rates are inclusive of continental breakfast. Nearest Stations: Laindon - (10 minutes)West Horndon - (10 minutes)Nearest AirportsGatwick - (50 minutes)Heathrow - (60 minutes)Stansted - (45 minutes)Southend (30 mins)London City Airport (30 mins) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Bell Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Inn And Hill House
- Bell Inn & Hill House Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill
- Bell Hotel Hill
- The Bell Inn Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill, Essex