Party of 5 aged 23-51 on Sunday 3rd January 2010
Food: starters, wild Boar Carpaccio £7.20 tasty but over priced, mushroom soup £4.50 fair portion taste ok , potted crayfish & shrimp £5.95 tasty, slightly over priced for portion, 2 x Honey roast butternut squash/dolcelatte salad £5.50 bit pricy but tasted ok.
MAIN: 3 X Confit pressed veal belly/side veg carrot,swede,parsnips £16.10 each, beautifully cooked and very tasty. pork chop /stilton glaze v tasty with same veg £8.95
Organic porkfillet, creamed root veg/bubble & squeak beautifully cooked, great taste £13.95. The portion of extra chips were great
Meal was Much Better Then Last Visit.
Service: quick and efficiant(was a quiet night)
Ambience:bit noisy from bar area but relaxed
Points: we were not given menu as it was written on large board(they are available)so was not aware of what came with meal ie if vegetables were included with meal, prices obscured on board. Tables are closly packed and not ideal for private conversation.
overall My sons loved the food not the price, I wont be rushing back my bill came to £140 incl tip, a bit hit and miss
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bell Inn Hotel is a boutique establishment featuring 27 individually-styled bedrooms. Some are above the 15th century coaching Inn with the rest in 2 beautifully converted Georgian buildings, a few paces up the high street. Rooms vary in size from cosy nooks to grand suites. All feature modern and period twists that are sympathetic to the listed buildings that house them. The hotel appears in The Times Cool Hotel List May 2014. Award winning food and bars are available in The Bell Inn and The Ostlers. Room Rates are inclusive of continental breakfast. Nearest Stations: Laindon - (10 minutes)West Horndon - (10 minutes)Nearest AirportsGatwick - (50 minutes)Heathrow - (60 minutes)Stansted - (45 minutes)Southend (30 mins)London City Airport (30 mins) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Bell Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Inn And Hill House
- Bell Inn & Hill House Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill
- Bell Hotel Hill
- The Bell Inn Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill, Essex