There really aren't many hotels in this area and I work in the a lot I stay here a depressing amount of time, not that the bell is depressing!
It is a Gastro pub with rooms and the pub/restaurant is always packed (with people who could ONLY be from Essex mostly) has an excellent selection of beers and very good food. The food is not cheap, in fact it is expensive but mostly worth the money. One problem is the menu is limited, all the dishes are a variation of the meat in sauce theme and you can get a bit bored with after a couple of nights. But overall if you are in the area it is much better than any alternatives especially if you can get one of the refitted rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bell Inn Hotel is a boutique establishment featuring 26 individually-styled bedrooms. Some are above the 15th century coaching Inn with the rest in 2 beautifully converted Georgian buildings, a few paces up the high street. Rooms vary in size from cosy nooks to grand suites. All feature modern and period twists that are sympathetic to the listed buildings that house them. The hotel appears in The Times Cool Hotel List May 2014. Award winning food and bars are available in The Bell Inn and The Ostlers cocktail bar & restaurant. Room Rates are inclusive of continental breakfast. Nearest Stations: Laindon - (10 minutes)West Horndon - (10 minutes)Nearest AirportsGatwick - (50 minutes)Heathrow - (60 minutes)Stansted - (45 minutes)Southend (30 mins)London City Airport (30 mins) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Bell Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Inn And Hill House
- Bell Inn & Hill House Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill
- Bell Hotel Hill
- The Bell Inn Hotel Horndon-On-The-Hill, Essex