“Highly recommended!”
Review of Dairy House Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manningtree
Dairy House Farm
Ranked #1 of 4 Manningtree B&B and Inns
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have stayed at Dairy Farm twice now, this time for three nights. As the other reviewers so rightly say, Bridget is a very welcoming hostess, the breakfasts are delicious, and having the use of a separate sitting room with tea/coffee ( and these home-made cakes!) is an added bonus. The bedrooms are spotless, and have everything one needs. The views over the farmland are gorgeous.....a joy to wake up to each morning. If you are looking for a perfect b and b in lovely surroundings, look no further!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed just one night, which was my loss. It should have been longer. This is a delightful period farmhouse, restored and decorated to a very high standard. Set in the middle of an arable farm, the views are equally delightful and one has the feeling of being absolutely remote, yet are only a few minutes away from the village of Wix and the main A120 to Harwich. My room "Sweet Pea - Twin" was large, well appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. I had porridge, scrambled egg, bacon and mushrooms. The portions were good and there was plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals and bread, should I have wanted them. The accommodation and owners deserve their 5 Star AA rating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just had a very nice stay at Dairy House Farm, Bridget is a wonderful host and makes you feel relaxed and welcome from the moment you arrive, the Rooms a lovely, Very Clean and comfortable and the view i had across the Countryside was beautiful. Great Breakfast and more importantly a very peaceful stay in the Sticks, I Cannot recommend it highly enough!

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had the opportunity to visit Dairy House Farm, the home of my ancestors in the 1800's. It was an amazing journey I shared with my cousin, the first of the Cutting family to visit apparently. We were so pleasantly surprised by everything at Dairy House. Bridget so willingly shared old documents, deeds, certificates etc. from the house plus whatever stories she new of our ancestors. It was truly a 5 star accommodation. It was an incredible feeling to be there, a trip I will never forget! I would highly recommend Dairy House Farm but be careful of the burglar step!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Margate Kent England
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We have stayed at Dairy House a number of times. Bridget and her husband Alan are very welcoming hosts. We always look forward to a slice of her welcoming cake- if only Ic could get the same at home! The rooms are large and airy and we always get a good night's sleep. Breakfast is wonderful and we love the fresh laid eggs from the farm!
we highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We love the room with the big double bed - such a treat!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenslade
Reviewed 21 September 2012

An excellent B & B. Very comfortable and extremely welcoming. It is situated in a very quiet relaxing position. The breakfast is excellent, There is even a guests lounge where you will find lovely cakes, fresh milk for your tea or coffee. There is also tea/coffee making facilities in your room with biscuits. My husband and I had the twin bedded room and the beds were very comfortable indeed. Plenty of space in the room too.
Last but not least the host Bridget was so helpful and friendly,nothing was too much trouble for her.
We stayed for three nights and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 3436
Malin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I was looking on Tripadvisor and Google for somewhere to stay in Harwich or the surrounding area for an overnight stop en-route to the Continent. Thanks to Google I found the Dairy House Farm on the AA web site.

Upon looking at the house on the Internet my first impressions were, WOW, this place looks SO beautiful and has a certain characer to it. So I decided to contact Bridget Whitworth and make a reservation.

I was not disappointed when I arrived. It was just I thought - the house has a really certain character to it with the lovely old ornaments and large clock in the hall. It all tones in very nicely with the house :)

The rural setting is SO peaceful and quiet, away from the City/Town/Urbanisation. So unspoiled. One could spend a few days in the Dairy House Farm, see Essex and then go on to the Continent.

Upon receiving breakfast, Bridget was SO very warm, friendly and welcoming towards me. She and her husband were interesting people to chat to and alas I had to leave promptly to catch the ferry out of Harwich. I left thinking I'm sorry I didn't stay for more than 1 night :(

If I'm ever passing through Harwich again, Bridget, I'll be in touch with you. There just isn't anyone else. I enjoyed the cultural chat etc.

Thanks again for being such a great host.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manningtree
The Mistley Thorn
#1 of 1 in Wivenhoe
GreyFriars
GreyFriars
#5 of 23 in Colchester

Been to Dairy House Farm? Share your experiences!