“A UNIQUE PLACE”

Ranked #1 of 1 Glendale B&B and Inns
Portersville, Pennsylvania
“A UNIQUE PLACE”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Glendalia was more like a very unigue apartment. We stayed in the Procter room..it had 2 bedrooms,livingroom,full kitchen and bath. It was very clean and comfy! Breakfast is not served here,they leave you drinks and bakery goods,which was very nice.We enjoyed walking around the lovely town,peaceful and quiet...but your are next to the railroad tracks,the train sounds didn't bother us.A wonderful out of way place to stay if your visiting Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abbeyroad64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I found the Glendalia on Bed and Breakfast .com and was surprised because it was a hotel under the bed and breakfast site, but now I know why. It is a small property with the very personal and homey feel of a bed and breakfast operated right out of someone's home, but has the privacy space of a nice hotel. I stayed in the Proctor Suite and I seriously would be content to call it home. It is beautifully appointed and has every thing you could need down to a washer and dryer in the unit. The master bedroom was incredibly comfortable and nice, but I would have been just as comfortable in the second room with the twin beds I am sure.The train that runs though town only adds to the charm of the small town feel and experience to me. I was able to sleep well though out the night and when I was awake to hear the train it brought back fond memories of growing up in a small Midwest town. I am only disappointed that the new culinary school was not yet completed and open because with the equipment in the lobby that is ready for installation I a sure it will be wonderful. My only consolation is that the culinary classes will give me a reason to repeat this pleasant experience all over again!

Room Tip: For and extended stay the Proctor Suite will feel like home, only maybe better!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 17 April 2013

More apartment than hotel, more hotel than B&B.
This place is a true value - spacious, clean, beautifully decorated in a charming old neighborhood with shops and cafes w/in walking distance. We had an unexpected delay arriving later than we anticipated. We were greeted with more genuine kindness and understanding than we expected. It's a unique experience that I want more of!!
There is a train about a block away that runs by every couple hours but the bed was so comfy and we were so cozy it barely registered. I noticed that others stated the breakfast was skimpy it wasn't a full meal, but it was enough; oj, coffee and cereal are all we eat at home, the fruit was an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bis54
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel accommodations were great. It was beautifully decorated!! The owner was wonderful. The area is beautiful and charming yet close to larger shopping and restaurant areas. The owner went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

Cleanliness *
When we arrived the bathroom had *hairs * all around the toliet floor, but after quickly finding the house keeper she came in and did another quick clean before we brought our things in. My 6 year old son also brought me a pack of motion sickness pills that another guest had left in the bathroom drawer! Cleary not everything was cleaned before our arrival :(

Quality of sleep *
Last but not least... the trains!!!!!! The hotel is only about 500 ft from active train tracks. Active meaning a train or two coming through the town almost every hour /24 hours a day. They blow the whistle loud and proud all through the night!!! The train is close enough to actually rattle the windows a bit. My husband slept horribly, and if you are a light sleeper, chances are you will not get a full nights rest.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank carriet34
Deep River, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Glendalia is a different type of accommodation. It is more of an apartment than a traditional hotel. Our suite ( the Procter) had two bedrooms, a sitting room, a large dine-in kitchen and a bathroom. It was full of charm of a bygone era but with all the mod cons. Breakfast was light but with the bakery nearby that was no problem. OK, there are trains in the night but that didn't stop us getting a good sleep. It is very convenient to the I 75. The owner Robyn did everything possible to make our say comfortable. We didn't have a cell ph and we communicated with Robyn via e mail! Certainly, would think about a repeat stay if in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My family loved staying at the Glendalia Inn. Love the village with the shops, wine room, restaurants, pub, bakery were the the locals gather for moning coffee and lunch. The beds and pillows were extra comfortable and we hardly heard the trains. Norman Rockwell would certainly have loved this Inn and Village!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for a night in the Hannigan room. The manager was friendly and the room itself was very spacious and tastefully decorated. However, when we asked about breakfast, the manager pointed at some cereal boxes and oatmeal in the kitchenette and mentioned that she didn't offer a full breakfast anymore because people didn't usually eat it. So I would not consider this place a B&B. I also noticed that the train tracks were really close to the hotel but I thought it would be one of those places where the train comes by once or maybe twice a day. Well, it turns out I was wrong. The train came by about every half an hour and kept honking very loudly until very late at night. I don't know about the other rooms but the Hannigan was definitely not peaceful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Drury Inn & Suites Cincinnati Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville
Best Western Plus Hannaford Inn & Suites

Been to Glendalia Boutique Hotel & Culinary Studio? Share your experiences!