“Relaxing Weekend Getaway”

Glendalia Boutique Hotel & Culinary Studio
Ranked #1 of 1 Glendale B&B and Inns
“Relaxing Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I read all the great reviews about this place online, it met every expectation I had.
I communicated about reservations via email, love that personal communication with a live person. The owner met us upon arrival and walked us to our room (definitely more like an apartment).
The room was very clean, and beautifully decorated, kind of a Victorian feel to it.
A few "heads up" :
The bed was a temporpedic mattress, which we found out we do not like and had trouble sleeping.
The TV is in the front sitting room only, if your plan is to lay in bed and veg out watching TV, this room won't make you happy.
The Trains. I really thought, how bad could it be? Bad. With the combination of the new found hated mattress and the trains, rough night.

The surrounding town is so lovely and fun to explore, cute shops, and nice places to dine.

All in all, we were looking for a romantic, relaxing getaway from our normal routine, and we found it. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to get away, relax, and explore.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ChelseaJared

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I believe all 7 of our jaws dropped when we saw the size and spaciousness of our rooms. Seven women in my family were meeting from around the country to have a weekend away in Cincinnati, and the rooms were perfect for gathering together. If anything we had more space than we actually needed. The decor was lovely, well kept and clean. The hospitality of the owner went above and beyond what we expected for our weekend. Glendale is a sweet little town and from the Inn you're walking distance from a handful of shops and restaurants. The train is noisy, but that just added to the historical charm of the town. We have already started to make plans to return for next year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda G
Portersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Glendalia was more like a very unigue apartment. We stayed in the Procter room..it had 2 bedrooms,livingroom,full kitchen and bath. It was very clean and comfy! Breakfast is not served here,they leave you drinks and bakery goods,which was very nice.We enjoyed walking around the lovely town,peaceful and quiet...but your are next to the railroad tracks,the train sounds didn't bother us.A wonderful out of way place to stay if your visiting Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abbeyroad64
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I found the Glendalia on Bed and Breakfast .com and was surprised because it was a hotel under the bed and breakfast site, but now I know why. It is a small property with the very personal and homey feel of a bed and breakfast operated right out of someone's home, but has the privacy space of a nice hotel. I stayed in the Proctor Suite and I seriously would be content to call it home. It is beautifully appointed and has every thing you could need down to a washer and dryer in the unit. The master bedroom was incredibly comfortable and nice, but I would have been just as comfortable in the second room with the twin beds I am sure.The train that runs though town only adds to the charm of the small town feel and experience to me. I was able to sleep well though out the night and when I was awake to hear the train it brought back fond memories of growing up in a small Midwest town. I am only disappointed that the new culinary school was not yet completed and open because with the equipment in the lobby that is ready for installation I a sure it will be wonderful. My only consolation is that the culinary classes will give me a reason to repeat this pleasant experience all over again!

Room Tip: For and extended stay the Proctor Suite will feel like home, only maybe better!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

More apartment than hotel, more hotel than B&B.
This place is a true value - spacious, clean, beautifully decorated in a charming old neighborhood with shops and cafes w/in walking distance. We had an unexpected delay arriving later than we anticipated. We were greeted with more genuine kindness and understanding than we expected. It's a unique experience that I want more of!!
There is a train about a block away that runs by every couple hours but the bed was so comfy and we were so cozy it barely registered. I noticed that others stated the breakfast was skimpy it wasn't a full meal, but it was enough; oj, coffee and cereal are all we eat at home, the fruit was an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bis54
Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel accommodations were great. It was beautifully decorated!! The owner was wonderful. The area is beautiful and charming yet close to larger shopping and restaurant areas. The owner went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

Cleanliness *
When we arrived the bathroom had *hairs * all around the toliet floor, but after quickly finding the house keeper she came in and did another quick clean before we brought our things in. My 6 year old son also brought me a pack of motion sickness pills that another guest had left in the bathroom drawer! Cleary not everything was cleaned before our arrival :(

Quality of sleep *
Last but not least... the trains!!!!!! The hotel is only about 500 ft from active train tracks. Active meaning a train or two coming through the town almost every hour /24 hours a day. They blow the whistle loud and proud all through the night!!! The train is close enough to actually rattle the windows a bit. My husband slept horribly, and if you are a light sleeper, chances are you will not get a full nights rest.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank carriet34
Deep River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

The Glendalia is a different type of accommodation. It is more of an apartment than a traditional hotel. Our suite ( the Procter) had two bedrooms, a sitting room, a large dine-in kitchen and a bathroom. It was full of charm of a bygone era but with all the mod cons. Breakfast was light but with the bakery nearby that was no problem. OK, there are trains in the night but that didn't stop us getting a good sleep. It is very convenient to the I 75. The owner Robyn did everything possible to make our say comfortable. We didn't have a cell ph and we communicated with Robyn via e mail! Certainly, would think about a repeat stay if in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Central Business District
21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
#4 of 49 in Cincinnati
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#5 of 17 in Sharonville

Been to Glendalia Boutique Hotel & Culinary Studio? Share your experiences!