Pier View Self Catering Luxury Apartments
US$117
Gleneagles Guesthouse(Westcliff-on-Sea)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$277
US$269
Holiday Inn Southend(Southend-on-Sea)
US$111
US$93
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Rochford Hotel(Rochford)(Great Value!)
US$107
Camelia Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
US$130
US$125
Premier Inn Southend Airport Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$121
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewslady hamiltonlovely apartmenthigh streetpleasure of stayingplace to staylovely viewcentral locationadventure islandpleasant staytop floorhome from homecomfy bedsouthendseaaccommodationcondiments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had already stayed at Pier View in June, and found the charm and quality of both management and rooms to be most engaging. Nothing was too much trouble.
We booked again for July but had to let Pier View down at the very last minute due to a traffic accident on the day of our intended arrival. The Findlay family could not have been more understanding and their kind attitude reinforces our opinion that that are positively 'excellent'.

Room Tip: The front rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a couple nights to get away from London. We stayed in the Pier View room, right at the top of the property.Great views, pity the window was small. Breakfasts were fantastic. Great little guesthouse. Walking distance from town and the pier. Would recommend to anyone planning to stay in Southend-on-Sea.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Pier View for 4 days. Our hosts Ed and Barbara and all the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in the Princess Caroline room which was lovely and has a fantastic view of the pier and the sea. Should we ever make it back to Southend the Pier View would be our first choice of places to stay. Once again thanks to everyone at Pier View for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Princess Caroline room very spacious and has a beautiful view of the pier and sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

All in all the hotel is lovely and as described by the other reviews on here. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful and nothing is too much trouble.
The location is also excellent, close to the seafront and also the main shopping street is about 3 minutes away. This has all the main high street stores so if you find you have forgotten anything then the shops are at hand.
Parking is also taken care of as the hotel shares a car park with a dentist surgery two minutes walk away on flat terrain so when the dentist is closed over the weekend your car can be safely parked off the road. There is also a public car park just around the corner which you pay for until 6pm and a warden told me it is free after 6.
We stayed in the family room in the basement which while having a basement location still very pleasant and both rooms of the suite have daylight. There is a playstation with games in the suite which was a surprise, and there is also a fridge and microwave. The rooms do have low ceilings though and this coupled with the fact the floors/ ceilings are wooden meant that we were woken at 1am by the people above coming into their room. Which was a shame as their noise went on for half an hour and kept us awake. I'm sure that other rooms that have higher ceilings would not suffer with this problem. I did tell the lady owner about this when I checked out as I would never write anything on a site like this that I have not mentioned during my stay. She was of course apologetic.
On a plus note the continental breakfast was by far the best I have ever come across with plenty of choice and being able to see the sea while having breakfast makes it all the better. My daughter is two and was taken care of with plenty of fresh fruit on offer, which she loves but also the night manager presented us with a box of childrens cutlery and plastic cups proving that thought really does go into everything at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nikfik
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My girlfriend and I came to southend for the first time from London and booked this hotel because of the rave reviews it had and I have to say all the reviews that say its the perfect hotel...is true! I cannot fault this hotel in no way, service was excellent, location is the best you can get, the food served was amazing with variety and the owners made us feel welcomed! We will definitely be coming back and wouldn't choose another hotel in southend over it. See you soon Pier View! Thank you for making our weekend one of the best ever!

• Stayed: June 2013