Pier View Self Catering Luxury Apartments
US$100
  • Beachfront
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$132
US$99
Ilfracombe House Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
US$112
US$105
Premier Inn Southend Airport Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
PremierInn.com
US$64
Travelodge
All reviewslady hamiltonlovely apartmenthigh streetpleasure of stayingplace to staylovely viewcentral locationadventure islandpleasant staytop floorhome from homecomfy bedsouthendseaaccommodationcondiments
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place is at the most right place, not far from the pier and everything on walking distance. The rooms are specious, clean and beautifully decorated. The owner and his wife were very friendly so was the staff who served us breakfast..
I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast, I was hoping for a fried/ scrambled eggs, sausages, fried tomatoes, beans, hash browns etc but instead the hotel offered only packet foods.
The staff, however was very helpful in providing extra tea bags for me..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this boutique hotel at the last minute and was unsure as to what to expect. When we arrived we were greeted by Barbara who was extremely helpful and welcoming. The building is beautiful and furnished to a very high standard. The location is perfect with the added bonus of free parking and all the staff are exceptionally friendly.
We stayed in The Lord Nelson suite in the basement as we had 2 children with us, the boys loved it and they had the living room to themselves with the added touch of a playstation. There are lots of little added touches to this hotel which makes it very personal and special.
If I ever go back to Southend I would definitely book this hotel again without fail. It is a rare find on the coast and one that I will definitely recommend to anyone visiting Southend.

Room Tip: The Lord Nelson Suite is a definite for families.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Myself, my 6 year old daughter and my friend stayed here in the Lord Nelson Suite for 2 nights. I have never before stayed in a B&B, I have very high standards when it comes to accommodation and would never expect a B&B to be able to meet them. But our stay was lovely! I can’t fault a single thing. David welcomed us professionally and kindly when we arrived. He went through all aspects of the property clearly and thoroughly to ensure we had no questions. I would describe the suite as exquisite, spacious, extremely clean, well equipped and perfect for us with its own character! The first thing we noticed was a kind note welcoming us, Guylian Chocolates and a Hello Kitty chocolate lolly, very sweet gesture. The double bed in the main bedroom was extremely comfy (a firm mattress to my liking!), a variety of pillows, plenty of storage for our belongings and a TV with Freeview. The living room was great. TV with Freeview, PlayStation 2, plenty of DVDs and games, microwave, kitchen sink, utensils, tea making facilities and something which isn’t mentioned in their listing – a fridge! Which was a god send! The sofa bed was also comfy and very easy to set up / put away. The bathroom was lovely, with a very deep big bath! All toiletries and towels supplied. Breakfast was incredible! The choice was amazing and the quality of fresh food was surprising. Of course it was a buffet style where you can eat as much as you like, which we took full advantage of. There is also a computer just outside the door to the breakfast room which my daughter took to playing on whilst my friend and I stuffed our tummies! Ed and Barb (owners) greeted us on Saturday morning and were extremely welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them, even when I forgot my iPhone charger Barb came to my rescue! The Pier View is located at the Adventure Island end of Southend seafront and is literally a 2minute walk downhill to the seafront (don’t worry, there is a lift for the way back!). We felt safe and secure, well looked after and to an extent slightly pampered! Everything you would expect from a 5* hotel but with the added bonus of a homely feel. The Pier View’s attention to detail was impressive, and was what made our stay so special. Thank you to the team for such a beautiful stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

In addition to the wonderful Georgian features, this hotel offers particularly welcoming staff who go out of their way to please you, nothing is too much trouble. We stayed one night in the clean and spacious Princess Caroline room with a loverly view of the sea and pier. The Continental breakfast was amazing and offered plenty of choice. The breakfast room was beautiful with French windows leading onto the balcony where we could sit and admire the view. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Over looking the longest Pier in the world, this suprisingly quiet street is perfect for the quiet recharging that we needed. The King Sized Bed was so nice we drifted off into a deep well needed sleep. All the sights and sounds of the busy seaside front subside into a beautifully quiet nighttime sleep. We were on the 2nd Floor Princess Caroline Suite. Lovely greeting too! Fred, Maggie and Stef were all wonderful. We are on the balcony of the breakfast room now having a lovely cup of tea in the sunshine. Definatly coming back here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple