Pier View Self Catering Luxury Apartments
US$132
US$111
US$107
  • Beachfront
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$279
US$115
US$93
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Rochford Hotel(Rochford)(Great Value!)
US$108
Camelia Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
US$137
US$126
Priceline
Premier Inn Southend Airport Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$101
PremierInn.com
US$112
Travelodge
All reviewslady hamiltonlovely apartmenthigh streetpleasure of stayingplace to staylovely viewcentral locationadventure islandpleasant staytop floorhome from homecomfy bedsouthendseaaccommodationcondiments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently situated near the Pier and the town centre. Car park (not secured) is available a few yards away.
We had a very warm welcome from Barbara but I found it a bit strange that we had to pay as soon as we arrived, despite the fact that we given had our credit card details when we booked a room. I did not like this, it is tactless.
Our room, Princess Caroline, was on the second floor, beautifully decorated, super clean and bright, overlooking the longest pier in the world! The shower room/toilet was on the small size but on the positive note the towels were on the large size!
The room was also overlooking The Adventure Park which was quite noisy till about 10 o'clock at night; music, klaxons and people screaming!
No cooked breakfast. The breakfast was continental and very disappointing as far as I was concerned; I had two danish pastries both stale. I asked for a decaffeinated coffee, I was given hot water and a nescafe sachet! What a shame!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper avoid the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thera1974
Bytsea, Owner at Pier View Self Catering Luxury Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write however I am surprised to read your feedback after the pleasant farewell we gave each other and the good comments you gave me on departure.

With regards to your review on the non tactful request of payment on arrival, we clearly state on the booking confirmation that payment is due on arrival. Pier View is a Guest House and not a hotel with receptionists and waiters. In the morning we are busy with breakfast and we try to avoid having clients waiting at reception to check-out and the payment on arrival resolves the issue. Moreover, I am sure that you would agree that I was never rude to you when asking if it was ok to settle the bill.

You hoped for English Breakfast but we clearly state online that we serve an extensive Continental Breakfast.

Finally the 'stale cake'....I can ensure you that we do not serve stale products. If the cake was dry, we are very sorry. It must have been due to it being on display. By pointing it out, we would have apologised profusely, brought you a new and fresh cake and checked the display. Food is out from 8am and is checked and replenished constantly but things can happen.

We also expect that reviewers should think that no hotels would put a stale cake out on display for the clients. We work to give our best service and clients should help hoteliers to be successful, giving honest feedback once there.

To help the tourism industry / hoteliers in the future please always inform staff at the time as we are sure that you will then have a more enjoyable experience

Here at Pier View we believe that a successful business is one that has an open relationship with the client. We love our profession and work to make our clients the happiest they can be, but this can only happen if the client asks for help or changes whilst there.

Thank you anyway for the pleasant other comments which were sincerely very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Barbara & Ed Findlay

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent a night last week at the Pier View with my sister and her family and we were really taken by the loveliness of the place, the owners and the staff were really friendly and the continental breakfast was delicious. The rooms were also lovely and I had the one at the top, the Cliff View one, which was really cosy and comfortable. The B&B is also centrally situated and we could not have asked for a better place. Shame we only stayed for one night.

Room Tip: Lady Hamilton was really comfy for a family but for one person the Cliff View is very cosy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We decided we needed a night away from the children, the home, the pets, everything and Pier View was the perfect great escape.
The room was fabulous, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, situated right in the middle of town overlooking the pier.
Would recommend Pier View to everybody.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Pier View was a wonderful place to stay in Southend, the staff went above and beyond during our stay. We stayed in the Princess Caroline room which had a gorgeous view of the pier and sea and was an excellent room, very relaxing colours and very spacious. The Continental breakfast was the best continental we've had for a long time, there was a lot of food to choose from.
As it was my birthday we were given chocolates and a card which was an unexpected suprise. This B&B was fantastic and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The Princess Caroline room has an excellent view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place is at the most right place, not far from the pier and everything on walking distance. The rooms are specious, clean and beautifully decorated. The owner and his wife were very friendly so was the staff who served us breakfast..
I was a bit disappointed with the breakfast, I was hoping for a fried/ scrambled eggs, sausages, fried tomatoes, beans, hash browns etc but instead the hotel offered only packet foods.
The staff, however was very helpful in providing extra tea bags for me..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple