“Friendly & value for money.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southend-on-Sea
Elizabeth Guest House
Ranked #21 of 26 Southend-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights with a friend and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is fantastic ( 2mins to beach, 2 mins to bus station/ town centre). Pat and Felicia were friendly hosts and the accomodation was good value for money.Rooms have tv, coffee/tea making facilities and beds are comfy and very clean.Cant comment on breakfast because I didnt get up in time(!) but Felicia made me a sarnie for later which I appreciated. I would happily stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are en-suite- ask before you book
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Helga S

Reviewed 19 May 2013

whatever you do, DO NOT pay by credit card at this hotel. On getting my credit card statement found extra charges had gone through without my knowledge and even though I have disputed this they have got away with it, because with them being a hotel they just told the company it was extra chagres they needed to put through and I had no proof otherwise, other that the fact that I had no knowledge of these charges, and had most definately NOT authorised any extra charges to be put through.

PAY BT CREDIT CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK WITH THESE PEOPLE

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very pleasant stay, lovely breakfast. Great location and parking. The owner was very friendly and helpful. It is outdated and in need of some repairs but we, as a family could not fault its value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Extremely outdated but the breakfast was nice the owner was very nice and the value was great just needs to be newer it needs more furnishing. I couldn't say anything about the owner she is very nice and also the tv was great I wouldn't expect it to have sky sports but that was great.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Working in the area on a budget, advertised as £22.50 with breakfast - when we called he tried charging £25 but agreed on the advertised price.
On arrival it seemed 'ok' so we agreed to stay - but again he changed his mind and told us, "£22.50 won't be with breakfast" - as it was late we had no choice.
Rooms looked like it had a double bed but on closer inspection it was two singles pushed together both double bedclothes - mattresses were in a real bad way - springs protruding, bedclothes were ripped and holy. En-suite was filthy and was never going to be used on this stay, television is mounted on an angle due to the lead resembling a piano string and virtually being pulled from the plug top. Room was like an ice box which meant sleeping with a beanie hat on all night - toyed with the idea of getting undressed to get into bed but as it was not the cleanest I slept in my clothes.
Doors banging for half the night meant not the greatest sleep, in fact I couldn't wait to leave the following morning.

I know you may think what do you expect for £22.50 but surely there should be a standard !

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Pat & Felice are very good hosts, ideal position for shops and seafront area, rooms are clean and tidy,the breakfast was lovely and really filling. Value for money, definitely go back next year. As the guest house is two houses converted into one there plent of room,

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Me, my husband, father and 2 boys stayed for one night in this guest house recently. Our attitude was that we didnt want to splash out on anything too expensive as we just wanted to have somewhere to put our heads down to sleep after visiting the area! We were totally 'chuffed' at not only the price but the hospitality of the owners. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The list of things they done goes on but here is a few of the things they accomodated, They let us park on their driveway which was so much more easier with a 19 month old child and a disabled father then parking in the large car park. They heated up our sons bottle at any time of the day and made us all feel so comfortable and welcome. The room we stayed in was clean and tidy and the breakfast was lovely.

I am not sure what people expect when you pay next to nothing?? If you want 5* treatment then pay for it! What we paid for for the room at Elizabeth Guest house was definately reasonable in our eyes. Reading these previous reviews has not put me off my stay at Elizabeth Guest House and me and my family will definately be using it again should we visit Southend - on - Sea in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family