“Delightful place to stay.”

Hamiltons Boutique Hotel
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Delightful place to stay.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great central location on Royal Mews, easy access to sea front, High Street and pleasant walk to Cliffs Pavilion Theatre. Good value parking in public car park to rear of hotel. Looked delightful from the outside and equally so once we went in. Lovely welcome, felt instantly at home. Our room (The Trafalgar) was a small double, beautifully furnished, comfy bed and a good shower in the bijou ensuite. Certainly more than enough for a couple of days away. The care & attention to detail was evident throughout the hotel. It's clear that the owners really care about this little gem of a hotel & their guests. Individual, elegant yet homely.
Breakfast was absolutely lovely, among the best we have had in any hotel & certainly a huge cut above your big chains. The food was delicious, eggs poached to perfection & great quality bacon and sausage.
If our room was anything to go by the rest must surely be of a terrific standard & I certainly envied those lucky guests in the Balcony Suite. A lovely place to stay in Southend.

Room Tip: Though there was nothing wrong at all with The Trafalgar Room (good value) go for a larger one if s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 12 April 2014

It was so nice to go to a hotel and it be the standard you are used to . All the people that attended to us were lovely and very professional . The room was very clean and the breakfast was scrumy .
I also liked that we were left alone to enjoy our great weekend in southend . We will definitely be returning . Will be recommending hamilton 's to family .

Room Tip: They all look beautiful .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Booked afternoon tea for daughters 40th and couldn't have been more pleased. We had the whole dining room and the tea was lovely. Catered for 1 gluten-free as well, which as the cakes were all freshly made was very helpful. Service was great without being intrusive and they didn't rush us out. Highly recommend

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ferneva
Canary Islands, Spain
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Very enjoyable stay,comfortable bed and great breakfast but I would suggest a little more care with the description.Boutique Hoteles offer extra large bath towels,bath robes with the option to buy,slippers none of these were on offer.Trafalgar room had no CD or DVD player and to describe the room Family/oversize in the general description contravenes the Trade Description Act.None of this bothered me as for what I was paying I knew these would not be an option,as it was a short stay I felt no need to take these points up with the staff or owner.My rating is a very recomendable upmarket B.& B but don´t expecet Boutique.

Room Tip: Trafalgar good for couples who know each other very well.Room is small so need to calculate your mov...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
slowley, Manager at Hamiltons Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Graham. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologise for 'oversized' being in the room description, this is a web designer error, they have obviously used copy and paste for the rooms. I will have this removed. Trafalgar is our small double and priced at £65 per night, including breakfast, reflects this. We are a Guest House not a hotel, and the word Boutique means small stylish and individual, as we are, not dressing gown and slippers.
Colombier, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is situated on the sea front just 15 minutes walk from Southend Central railway station, down the pedestrians only High Street (lots of shops). I stayed in the Trafalgar room on the rear side of the hotel (no view but no noise whatsoever at night which was much appreciated), The room itself was spotlessly clean and well-equipped - perfect for one person but a bit small for a couple. The staff were very friendly and the full English breakfast choice was excellent. I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at Hamilton's Boutique every week, 5 days a week for 4 months during a work secondment in Southend. In essence, I was at Hamiltons more than my own home!

I had the same room, the Victory Suite, which was tastefully decorated and felt very luxurious with a marble bathroom and amazing state of the art power shower (just what I needed on cold Southend winter nights!).

Rachel, John, Jane and the rest of the team were so lovely, I will miss not seeing them every morning with my breakfast prepared for me in advance to take to work! They couldn’t have been more accommodating or generous with my unusual requests and never made me feel like I was asking too much. They were always friendly, warm and inviting - just what I needed whilst working away from home.

The room was always cleaned beautifully, with tea and coffee facilities and a small kitchenette.

I will miss Hamiltons Boutique, I can't imagine a better B&B!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Katie T
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Enjoyed by night at hamiltons. Comfortable bed, nice to have a DVD player so I could watch my own film rather than the free view offering. Nice touches with water, coffee biscuits etc in the room. A nice quality breakfast too in a relaxed environment. Only downside was the parking which is only free outside between 6pm and 9am.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business