“Lovely B&B”

Hamiltons Boutique Hotel
Colorado
“Lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My brother and I stayed one night here last week. Southend on Sea itself leaves a lot to be desired, and isn't what I had hoped it to be, but this hotel was comfortable, inviting, and had a great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My second visit at Hamilton's lived up to expectations. I travelled on my own to Southend to visit family and was one again stunned by the attention to detail within the boutique. I stayed in "Trafalgar" which is the cheapest off all, but there is nothing cheap about it! It was perfect for me travelling solo. The breakfast was sensational and the staff were welcoming as always. Would always recommend!

Stayed July 2014
Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at this stunning hotel with my partner for an anniversary weekend away, which or course is a very special occasion & this hotel just made it extra memorable! We stayed in the Balcony suite which has a stunning view from the balcony overlooking the seafront. The room was extremely clean, comfortable, warm & welcoming. Usually I never expect much from a hotel breakfast but it was so tasty, a great way to start the day off! Would highly recommend to anyone & look forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This was mine and my partners 4th stay we always stay in the lady h room and every year we go for our anniversary. The service only gets better we love the room we stay in its clean and feels like home from home but with that it don't feel like your staying in someone else's home they make you feel like it's your own. This year a new shower has been out in which is lovely. We stayed from Monday till Wednesday and after having a late night we went back up for a sleep after breakfast which they must have noticed as when we went to leave our room there was clean towels water and milk left by the door for us so we wasn't disturbed. One of the bedside lamp bulbs had blown and they had no problem fixing it for us. On the day of leaving they was okay with us leaving our bags in the hotel so we could go out for a bit longer to enjoy our stay more. We have now decided that this is our place to go for our anniversary every year all from me coming across it one time on the Internet now we will never stay anywhere else in Southend. They definitely deserve all the award they have aswell

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed one night, for our anniversary, and had the Nelson's Lookout room. I have to say that anything I saw of the hotel was absolutely spotless (and I stay in a lot of hotels for work so I know this is rarely the case- and I'm not even that hard to please!). There was an awful lot of attention to detail that had been given to the hotel and we had a warm welcome too.

There were a few niggles which wouldn't stop me staying again but were a shame. We could never access the advertised free Wifi and the breakfast was cold- not lukewarm, but cold. Which was a shame as we were the only people in the dining room at that point; I think it was because of my vegetarian sausage, which wasn't great to be honest. So the included breakfast was fairly underwhelming. We also couldn't open the window in the room, which I dislike, especially on a warm day. However I would consider staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
slowley, Manager at Hamiltons Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was very upset reading your review when you said your breakfast was cold. We cook our breakfast, mainly to order, apart from the sausage and hash brown, these take 20 mins and we would not want to make our guests wait that long. We hold these in the warming oven and I can only think that while your vege sausage was cooking (to order) we turned it down too much to stop it being over cooked. Everything else is cooked when the order comes in and our plates are warm too. Wifi (free) in Nelson's can waiver, but if you come down one flight to pick it up, it should not be a problem. Your window, of course, can be opened, if you were having difficulty, we could have helped of course. We do hope you can come again and we can amend any issues.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was in Southend on a business trip on a Tuesday evening. The hotel is spotless, the room felt like been at home it was so well decorated and comfortable. After waking up from the best nights sleep I have ever had at a hotel the view from the room (Nelsons Lookout) was f the Thames estuary and was a lovely sight to wake up to. Lovely clean and modern bathroom, I only had cereal for breakfast as I had to get to my meeting but cooked breakfast looked lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, it's lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lovely little hotel with excellent service provided by all! Breakfast was freshly cooked and served with a smile, if I'm back in Southend I know where I'll be staying!
We were staying for two nights and it's ideally placed for a stay in the town with great views. I Hate to be negative but I would add a word of warning, while our room was spotless and very quirky it was at the top of a large stair case, however it's fair to say we were offered help with our luggage. Thanks for your hospitality!!!

Room Tip: The balcony suite looked lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple