Well, where do I start. On arrival the owners were not there. We were shown our room by their teenage son stating Mum & Dad will be back shortly. Could'n t find the remote for the TV, asked the son and 20 mins later he showed me where it was. Switched on, No watchable picture. Told would have to watch channel 11 - 15. Shaving light bulb broken, bare elements hanging in the socket( told it would be fixed and not to touch it, in case I got a shock, (yes, I really am that stupid!!!). Shower broken, Had to use one hand to hold the shower head. Crack in the sink. Stain on Carpet. Wall paper coming off by window. Breakfast was a shambles, No Butter Knife, Given Cup & Saucer for Tea with no spoon. Waited an age before asked what we wanted for breakfast and then ended up with something else, ie: 1 grilled Tomatoe & 1 Poached Egg, ended up with a plate of tomatoes and 2 poached eggs. This was the standard throughout the stay. There is a notice on the private quarters door asking guests to respect the family and not to make to much noise, unfortunately this was not reciprocated on two occassions we were disturbed with the clatter and banging of utensils, cups, saucers and glasses late in the evening as the breakfast room was got ready. The final straw was when we came back to the room the day before we left to find that the shower was dismantled. The sink was still cracked and the light still had bare elements, but the shower was dismantled. During the course of our stay the carpet was not hoovered, the bin was only emptied once (when it got to overflowing). All the preserves, Jams etc were in their original jars, therefor enabling anyone to dip their knives in, No toast racks, no decaf coffee, hot chocolate or buscuits in the courtesy trays in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established for over 8 years the family provide a personal service with experience in the hospitality industry. Located overlooking the Thames Estuary and only a 15 minutes walk/5 minutes in a car from the town centre and amenities, The Waverley is ideally situated for everyone visiting Southend. The Waverley caters for all dietary requirements in their cooked English/Vegeterian and continental breakfast freshly made to order. FREE Wifi access available on the premises. FREE parking available on coastal road and in a car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms and Priceline so you can book your The Waverley Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waverley Guesthouse Hotel Southend-On-Sea
- The Waverley Guesthouse Southend-On-Sea, Essex