We booked the budget double room very last minute and I'm sorry to say we were extremely disappointed. Yes it was a budget room, but this was just not good enough for £70 a night! Firstly, no-one was there when we arrived to check in and we tried to call, but got no answer. When we finally got in, our hearts just sank - the curtains were covered in stains, there was no soap in the dispenser in the tiny toilet which didn't have a properly closing door, the door handle on the wardrobe nearly came off when I opened it, there were damp patches round the window and the 'chandelier' was a total disgrace - lightbulbs missing, large chips out of the rim, only one train of dangling 'jewels', the rest missing. Not good at all and totally overpriced.
I am aware there are other rooms which may have been better maintained, but our experience put us off the guesthouse entirely and we will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established for over 8 years the family provide a personal service with experience in the hospitality industry. Located overlooking the Thames Estuary and only a 15 minutes walk/5 minutes in a car from the town centre and amenities, The Waverley is ideally situated for everyone visiting Southend. The Waverley caters for all dietary requirements in their cooked English/Vegeterian and continental breakfast freshly made to order. FREE Wifi access available on the premises. FREE parking available on coastal road and in a car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Waverley Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waverley Guesthouse Hotel Southend-On-Sea
- The Waverley Guesthouse Southend-On-Sea, Essex