It didn't start well. Our booking.com booking didn't exist although we had it. So we're finally given a room, big enough but shoddy, door handle falling off, mildew and smell in the shower, tacky half finished jobs all about. Then the credit card event went on into the next morning so we ended up paying by cash. We were told the restaurant across the road was good, that being two hundred yards east and shut. Free wifi OK, but the receptionist was a back-up husband of the "Manager" with smokers breath and really unprofessional. No parking anywhere. Large bed with a large lump in the middle. Curtains coming unstuck, TV worked, and the breakfast was bearable there being only 50 minutes in which to order and them 30 minutes late in preparing the dining room. Plenty to eat but a bit greasy, sorry guys, it was tragic for £75 cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established for over 8 years the family provide a personal service with experience in the hospitality industry. Located overlooking the Thames Estuary and only a 15 minutes walk/5 minutes in a car from the town centre and amenities, The Waverley is ideally situated for everyone visiting Southend. The Waverley caters for all dietary requirements in their cooked English/Vegeterian and continental breakfast freshly made to order. FREE Wifi access available on the premises. FREE parking available on coastal road and in a car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waverley Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waverley Guesthouse Hotel Southend-On-Sea
- The Waverley Guesthouse Southend-On-Sea, Essex