“Great stay”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
Newcastle
“Great stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and had a great stay. Reception where friendly, helpful and welcoming. My room was an excellent size with a huge bed. It was clean and well maintained. The room had a large shower cubicle but no bath. I almost always only use the shower anyway so this was no problem for me. I required an iron and ironing board so called reception. Within a few minutes it was delivered to my room by a friendly member of staff. The breakfast was good though I have seen a wider selection at other hotels. All in all it was a pleasant stay and met all my needs at a good price. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Turkish first
Sidcup
Reviewed 1 November 2013

There is a world of difference between Radisson Southend and Radisson Blu Cardiff which is a quality hotel giving high class service. We stayed in Southend as the Southend Jazz Festival was being held in the hotel. Our room was a good size but sparsely furnished and without any draw space for our clothes. The bathroom was very small and not very clean. There were stains round the shower door and the surround and toiletries were not provided.
The reception staff were not selected for their charm etc, in fact we wondered if they actually wanted our business.
It had a run down air about the place with parts being sold off as flats and a for sale notice on the side wall. You would need a very good reason to stay there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KenMcA

Travellers are raving about these Southend-on-Sea hotels

Rochford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The first night with my friend, as it was the night before my wedding and then the second night with my husband.
We had booked the hotel through a deal that was on Groupon so for only £118 for two nights including breakfast and a glass of prosecco each it was a good deal. My sister had emailed the hotel, without me knowing, to explain the reason we were staying and to see if they could upgrade our room. When we arrived we had been upgraded to a room on the top floor of the hotel with amazing views as the room was on the corner we could see all around, our room was 527.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had been dropped off by a friend as we had a lot of luggage for the wedding next day so we had him to help us to our room but straight away a member of staff had asked us if we would like some help. The next day when I had my hairdresser, make up artist and family arriving at the hotel the staff again were all very helpful calling up to let me know they were there and helping my mum and sister bring all there stuff up to the room.
Breakfast was buffet and there was something for everyone. Again staff in the restaurant and bar area all very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again but probably won't have the need to as I only live locally but would recommend. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay an excellent added extra to our wedding day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iloveholidays89_13
Norwich
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed at the Park inn Radisson Palace after a quick decision to go away for the weekend, thought it was slightly expensive at £140 a night however the large spacious room with amazing sea view and very filling all you can eat breakfast made it more than worth the money. Staff were very friendly and helpful as we were completely new to the area and helped recommend places to go. Free WiFi was also a nice bonus to the hotel. Breakfast in the morning was brilliant, a large fresh selection of patisseries, cereals, fruit and a full English. View of the sea in the morning while eating breakfast was great. Bathroom was spacious however there was no flannels in the bathroom and when we asked for one staff were completely baffled by what a flannel/face cloth was and suggested we use a hand towel. I've never been to a hotel that doesn't provide these haha!! Did not On the whole a lovely experience and would definately return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room worth the extra £20
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Misswunderlust88
kent
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here for one night and It was a very clean modern hotel with a brilliant location. It was quiet and the beds were big and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely, although I felt a bit rushed. It had a nice bar/restaurant area with a sea view. We would stay there again it was good value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Sunday night and the rooms at the front were quiet, but its a very busy, buzzing area...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Northants
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here last year, the hotel is in a good location for everything, the beach, the shops and the pubs. Hotel is clean, light, modern inside and you get what you would expect, nothing amazing but good enough.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryn81
Agne D, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Ryn81,

many thanks for taking the time to share your stay feedback with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities. And I hope to see you back at the hotel soon again!

Best regards
London
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Everything was great about this hotel and I'd have to be extremely picky to find fault.

All the staff were great including Tracey on the front desk and Jane in the bar.

Room was massive, very clean and tidy and the bed comfortable.

Very relaxing views from the breakfast restaurant and bar. Bar prices not too expensive for a hotel with such views.

Reasonably priced stay and even stayed an extra night as we were having such a relaxing time.

The location is perfect for central Southend and location not noisy at all.

100% we will be back and will recommend to our friends and family.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wearecity
Dear wearecity,

many thanks for taking the time to share your stay feedback with us. I am very pleased to read you comments about the staff and hotel facilities. I will personally pass it on to rest of the team, especially Tracy and Jane.

And we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon again!