“lovely overnight stay”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
north london, United Kingdom
“lovely overnight stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

very surprised by this hotel. Good value for money and a great central location. We upgraded to a sea view room and lthough it is opposite Adventure Island we were not disturbed by any noise. Clean and spacious room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Agne D, Operations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Lynda L,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such positive feedback. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Agne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at the park Inn twice in two weeks, the first for one night the second for two. After the first stay I would have cancelled the second booking but it was a non refundable booking. The second stay was no better. The bedrooms are average but do not really cater for business travellers. The bathrooms are small and have no bath only a shower. The restaurant was empty and the menu limited and expensive. I did not eat in the restaurant and on all three nights got a takeaway which was limited to the usual sea front fast food places.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Peter F,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay experience. And we will definitely use your feedback to improve our operation and customer service.

Agne

Travellers are raving about these Southend-on-Sea hotels

North East
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had stayed her once before and although not overwhelmed thought I would give it another try. I asked in advance for a quiet room on a high floor but found on check in I had been given neither. When I queried I was told the rooms were pre-allocated by her manager and couldn't be changed. The hotel although busy clearly wasn't full so disappointing not to try and accommodate guests. Room was on the 2nd floor overlooking a large area of building work with 4 or 5 skips and also overlooked a multi-story car park. I was told there 'shouldn't be a problem with noise' when expressing my concerns. Room was ok but could have been cleaner and bed was fairly comfortable if not a bit hard for my personal preference. Didn't sleep too well as there was a lot of outside noise from passers by and I was woken at 7.00 by workmen directly below my window making a lot of noise despite assurances this wouldn't happen. Breakfast ok but nothing spectacular so I'm afraid on my next trip I will be staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: You can ask but in my experience business travellers seem to be given the worst rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear CADO,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor stay experience. We take all guest feedback on board and will certainly use it to fine tune our operations and customer service.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

First time at the park inn for dinner and burlesque show, on a groupon deal, first of all we were all packed in to closely on the table I couldn't lift my elbows up to eat,but the food was lovely can't fault that, 3 courses and each one was yummy, then time for the show. Which would have been alright if not for the load mouthed drunk woman sat just next to the stage, Why didn't management remove her? Spoiled my night she did, couldn't enjoy the show because I was so distracted by her shouting.
The show was good and the girls done a great job considering what they had to put up with. Will visit park inn again. Ps we didn't stay the night so can't review the rooms,

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Justjuls44,

We appreciate all feedback, equally of a positive and negative nature and we thank you for taking the time to write your comments on a public forum.

We are pleased to hear that despite the disappointment with lack of space around the table and disturbance caused by one of the guests, you enjoyed the Burlesque show and the food served.

And we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 June 2014

£52 for the night, the room didn't have a view but was well appointed, clean and the bed was comfortable if a little hard for my taste. Very good location and parking right across the road -£9.00 with the stamp from the hotel before we left on the parking voucher. My only complaint is the hotel does not have sky sports on tv. I wanted to watch the All Blacks vs England game and had to settle for the BBC radio coverage. Even the bar didn't have the game on tv :-( Given the England vs Italy world cup football was also scheduled for the same day, I bet I'm not the only person who grumbles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reb2811
Dear reb2811,

We pleased to hear that despite a couple of disappointments, you had an enjoyable stay with us. And look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Basildon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went with 2 friends for Afternoon tea with vouchers from Groupon . We all went open minded as some of these offers can be indifferent,we paid £19 a couple for the offer. We arrived at the Hotel and had to wait at reception to ask where to go. There were no signs up to give you a clue where to go. We found the grill room which was very clean although I think still being finished off.
We were shown to a table with a view of the pier which was lovely on a sunny day. The waiter bought us our included wine,within minutes. Next came a really full stand of sandwiches scones cream and jam, and two cakes each one of which was one of the best chocolate eclair I have had in years. When we had finished we all said it was one of the best teas we had eaten, with excellent service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Linda S,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea experience so much! And look forward to see you returning to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I staied in this hotel one night with my boyfriend as we had a wedding in Westcliff on sea. The location of the hotel is really fantastic as it is 2 minutes away from the high street and 3 minutes from the seafront walk. One side of the hotel in fact faces the sea. The rooms are modern and clean. The hotel hasn't got a parking, therefore they force you to leave your car in the multi-level parking just in front of the main entrance. The parking is not that expensive, however I think it would be useful for the hotel to arrange a priviledge rate for the customers.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LittleFox81
Dear LittleFox81,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your stay experience on the online forum and for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!