“brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
Reviewed 27 June 2010

after an awful night at the trvellodge,we walked into park inn palace,welcomed by a lovely smart proffesinal receptionist,she found us a family room with a balcony and even let us check into are room at 11 insted of waiting till 3 at no extra cost,the place is emacculate,fresh clean and the room was lovely an spacey,i had the best night sleep iv had in ages my children of 1 3 and 6 loved it they were so content in the room and staff were lovely to them rather than looking down there noses at them! i will defantily reccomend and return again!THANK YOU PARK PALACE!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rosewillingham
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed here for two nights with our two teenage children rooms very big we also had use of the gym, breakfast was lovely great sea views from all the family rooms, staff very pleasent and helpfull can't wait to go back.
Michelle , Bedfordshire

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank michelley1
Reviewed 27 June 2010

The Palace has been completely refurbished. We had a quiet twin up at the top with sea view, though it actually looked up-river which was still fine.
Everything worked. The room was quiet. Some chairs on the balcony would have been nice and there was only one chair in the room, but we were very comfortable. There was a safe, a good breakfast (though cooked items could have been hotter) and lots of security measures, such as the key-card operated lift.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank firtreecott
Reviewed 30 May 2010

We booked two adjacent rooms for our family of 5 (3 young daughters) and I was amazed at the size of the rooms we had. The whole place was spotless and all staff were professional & friendly to the kids. I use plenty of hotels through work and have got quite fussy over the years but as a family hotel this was excellent. Restaurant had great food as well.
The only complaint I can come up with is that the mattresses are the hardest I have ever known so my back knew about it in the morning.
Having said that it I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mobyer
Simon E, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we're really pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 19 May 2010

amazing stay with my gf, this place is special for me as I proposed my gf in the restaurant, Duty Manager Feisal and Andrea responded to our problem quickly and effectively, he's an asset to the company very friendly

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Your comments regarding our staff will be shared and their efforts recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nighst and enjoyed our stay. This is a brand new hotel that only opened earlier this year and it still has that "new smell". We arrived late in the evening on a Friday, at around 10.30pm. We were tired when we arrived and thankfully check-in was effortless. Parking is located opposite in the multi-storey car park at a discounted rate, they explain this to you at reception.

Our first impression of the hotel was that it was very new and modern. Our room was located on the 2nd floor, the room was small but adequate for what we needed. We stayed with a group of people for an event we were attending the following day and they stayed on the fifth floor and their rooms were much bigger. There are no wardrobes or draws as such, just hooks with hangers on.

Because of the lateness of our arrival we went straight to bed, after using the tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The room was very clean and the bathroom only had a shower, no bath, smaller than most hotels we have stayed in. We were only supplied with one pillow each and doubled with a hard bed, i didnt have the best nights sleep, but I was very tired after a long drive, so I didn't let it bother me.

The following morning I asked at reception for 2 more pillows and when we arrived back later that day they were in the room, which made the second night sleep better. Breakfast was very nice, full english and included in the room price. A dining room had been set up in the ballroom, to accomodate the amount of people staying for the event, but is usually served in the dining room ajacent to the bar. Again all the public areas are very new, clean and modern.

The hotel is situated on the sea front over looking the fun fair, and this is the view from the bar area. Check-out was very easy and overall our stay was good. We found all the staff very pleasent, and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I stayed in the hotel with my fiancee recently while visiting friends in the area and found that although the room was acceptable the staff seemed to be inexperienced and inefficient and appeared to be more interested in talking to each other than dealing with our queries.
Next time I am in the area I will definately not be staying here

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt2010London
ParkInnPalace, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Palace Southend-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2010

Dear Sir,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us on trip advisor.
As you were made aware we opened our door 1 March, we are spending a lot of time on training to continously improve both product and service.
Based on our Yes I Can concept I am very much surprised that we haven't been notified through our guest service survey which you receive on check out. I personally take care of any cutomer issues and I would appreciate if you can leave me your details.
Again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.
Kind Regards,