“Great location”

Ocean Beach
Ranked #78 of 711 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ocean Beach provides a unique family restaurant offering great food and a wonderful atmosphere for you and your children. Our fully licensed venue provides a relaxed atmosphere where you can sit back and enjoy your day on our terrace whilst you watch your children play happily on the beach.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visited here as a small group of 6 one Saturday, we did make reservations. It was very cafe like in appearance and quite loud, hen parties and birthdays etc. I was expecting a quieter venue with more ambience but never mind.

Food was okay, quite expensive for what it is. Our wine was musty so we sent it back, swapped without a problem. Tables a bit sticky and paper napkins. My cod was a little tasteless and I asked for crushed potatoes but got the small fried potatoes they use in their tapas.

Outside smelt of the bins as I popped out for some fresh air and the kitchen industrial bins are kept there. This area could be nicer as people were obviously smoking out here and it was pretty disgusting.

I think I would go again during the day for a drink and a snack rather than in the evening.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Firstly you get the death stare if you ask if you should order at the bar. The girls are so mardy. Overpriced food, very small portion for the money. The Ceasar salad is disgraceful. Nothing to it. The oriental salad was dreadful with the beef so tough couldn't eat it. Still the beers were lovely and the views
Are beautiful. Just would eat there unless it was fish and chips. The lady next to our table 71 also commented on the tapas being dry and over cooked. To top it off rubbish coffee was served and slopped next to me, the mardy girl looking like any winehouse didn't bother coming back to wipe the table. Sort it out Southend!!!!!!!! Makes us essex people look crap

3  Thank jetsetmini
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great day here with friends. The food was very nice, I had skate and chips. We all enjoyed it. The service was exceptional and attentive. Well worth the relaxing visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I love this place
It's good for drinks....food and friends....the views are lovely and it's always buzzy and busy when we go in...which is frequent....
A real find although a little off the beaten track if your not living or familiar with Southend...

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Nice place rather loud inside ,ok if with a group of friends . Food was great I had crayfish salmon and prawn salad the only thing was salad was rather wet where. It was washed and not dried ,so a little soggy my wife had fish and hand cut chips great portion perfect over all a good meal no cider on draft and only small bottles in chiller .