“AMAZING. BEST THAI EVER!!”
Review of Chiang Mai Thai

Chiang Mai Thai
Ranked #404 of 658 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING. BEST THAI EVER!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This place is incredible. The food is so fresh an absolutely delicious. The staff are lovely. They offer all you can eat off the menu in the evenings and for Sunday lunch, which is such good value. Myself and a friend went there on a Tuesday night, we had 5 starters to share, 2 bowls of prawn crackers, 9 (yes 9!) main courses and two rices, along with Jasmin tea to drink. The whole bill came to a total of £40 as it was buffet!

Also if you are free on a weekday lunchtime, they offer a £4.50 lunch deal, which includes a starter (we had chicken satay garnished with beautiful flowers!), a main course and a rice of noodle, plus a coconut ice-cream for dessert. Unbelievable!

• Visited March 2013

Leigh-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We last frequented this restaurant yesterday lunch-time and to our dismay we had the choice of the only table available - on previous visits the restaurant was more than half empty. We opted for the eat as much as you like 'Buffet' and certainly weren't disappointed. A good selection of hot and tasty food arrived and if eaten quickly got replaced. We had around 4 dishes each with rice and this truly filled us. Beer was reasonably priced, for a restaurant, and we were pleasantly surprised with a total bill of £33 including the 10% service charge. Decor is a bit dated and plastic table cloths used but the food together with the pleasant and attentive service more than compensates for this.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steve O
Southend
“Possibly the best Thai in Southend”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Our second visit to this restaurant. Enjoyed it more this time. Food very tasty and I think authentic also very reasonable £15.95 per head eat as much as you like.

The place was packed and buzzing and the staff are really friendly. If you love Thai food I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Can't wait to go again.

• Visited February 2013
essex. uk
“saved from 1 star by the tom yum”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I see no one has left a review for a few months so maybe things have changed since these last "good" reviews. We ate lunch there yesterday and it was poor. The restaraunt was empty and drab, but the worst part was the food. I had tom yum and my wife had chicken satay starters and for main i had chicken and chilli and my wife had yellow curry. The only dish that could be classed as ok was the tom yum, everything else was dire, the chicken tasted like it was rescued from a pot noodle. Even the coffee at the end of the meal tasted like a cheap instant from the pound shop. We eat at thai restaurants often as it is my favorite food but i wont be rushing back to this one.

1 Thank jaz52
“Give it another try! You won't be sorry!”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I'm Thai myself so I love Thai food, best kind of food ever! Full of different distinctive taste. My mums Thai so she cooks the best Thai food. Unfortunately now I've moved out I don't get to eat as much Thai food and I wouldn't know where to start! Luckily for me I found this place. It's the best And you definitely get wayyy more than what you pay for. £16 for a buffet you order off a menu! You can have as much as you want! My partners really fussy but what he loves about it is he can try something and if he doesn't like it he'll order something else at no extra cost! At least he's tried it! For those who have made a bad review... You must of gone on a bad day! Give it another go!