“WOW..... AMAZING FOOD AND SERVICE !!!!”
Review of Chiang Mai Thai

Chiang Mai Thai
Ranked #281 of 693 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

4 of us went there as a spur of the moment thing and had an amazing time !
food was absolutely lovely and can recommend the Red Curry and Tom Yum Prawn soup as these dishes were amazing ! better than the food I have had in Thailand.

We live in Colchester and happened to stumble across the restaurant when in Southend and will defoo be back.

the waitress Joy was lovely, really professional and very friendly.

Its a real family run restaurant !

A hidden Gem ..... you have to try it !!!!!

1  Thank smw1986

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've been going to Chiangmai Mai Thai restaurant for quite a long time, getting to know the owners quite well. They're very friendly including the staff. Service was great but since they left last year it has not been the same. Bring them back please!!!!

3  Thank Thehappyeat
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time we tried this place. My wife asked for no veg and it was served with veg so didn't eat it.service was rubbish no thank you or bye. Eating while serving taking our plates. Sitting on table on phone while open.

2  Thank craigpo
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I had a lovely yellow chicken curry.. food was all good and everything until the end of our meal.
We origanlly asked to go for the £16 buffet, but we all have one plate each and that was plenty enough, had starter also, and we saw on the back of the menu a special ' £8.95 for 1 starter, 1 main and 1 rice' which we all had so we said can we change it to that please.. and then she got the hump? But it worked out cheaper... why would we wanna pay for something we're not going to have? So by this time the waitress was annoyed,
We then got the bill and was overcharged by £11 and when we confronted the waitress about this she got even more pissed off?! So she then changed the bill to the proper price, she started clearing up our table and accidently knocked water all over me, had half a cup in there mind you, so I was really wet, she didnt say sorry!! And didnt offer tissue or anything!! So I had to ask for tissue, which did naff all! Then she started mumbling stuff under her breath.. i know its water at the end of the day but that's not the point! She didn't say sorry or anything?!?! Very very rude.. don't think I'll be going back.

1  Thank Tara K
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went for the 'eat as much as you like' for 16quid option - there is no way the food was anywhere near good enough to command that price. The 'Thai experience' starter consisted of chewy chicken on sticks, deep fried broccoli, mushroom & carrot, greasy battered prawns and the most flavourless prawn toast I've ever had. All the main courses were so bland and just tasted cheap and nasty-like a Tesco value microwave meal. It makes me angry that the people who work there obviously know the food is awful but still serve it up; they can't have any pride in their restaurant. If you're going for the £4.95 special, you can't really go wrong-you'd get what you pay for! Avoid and head elsewhere.

1  Thank Essex T