“Tasty food & friendly service”
Review of Bay of Bengal Restaurant - CLOSED

Bay of Bengal Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Tasty food & friendly service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Me and my friend were craving Indian so choose Bay of Bengal after not being able to get a table at another famous Southend Indian. I was surprised to see how quiet this place was, with only one other party of two. Despite the slight lack of atmosphere ( must've been the Easter hols) , we had a pleasant dinner and the most friendly service. We went for the meal offer, and I must say the menu is very large, plenty to choose from, not to mention very good value. I struggle to think where in my area you can get that much tasty food for the price. All the dishes were piping hot and delicious, can't fault the food at all.

I don't remember being offered my tea or the dessert menu, everyone loves a gulab jamun eh.

If you know your indian food and you're used to Pakistani restaurants, you'll have a good laugh at the spelling on the menu. ( maybe you'd like some Motor Poneer, a Korai dish or some Pershari Naan)

1 Thank traveleralice

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hello everyone! The food was amazing and we had a great set menu offer so a lot of tasty food for a good price. The owner of the place is a sweetheart...really friendly and chatty!
I really liked my Butter Chicken and the Garlic Naan had just the right amount of garlic so I didn't have to chew a full pack of gum after that.

The only thing I disliked was the fact that were not many people in the restaurant. I t was around Easter so I'd imagine people staying at home having a family dinner. Me and my friend wanted some yummy indian food so we are glad we went there ;)))

Best,

Cristina

1 Thank Cristina D
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best curry house in southend”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Been here a few times,and the food is great,never had a bad meal,and lve tried loads of curry houses,as when l lived in London l was 5 mins from Brick lane, the centre of London for curry houses,and this place is good or better than most of them,the staff are friendly,and l always have a joke /laugh with them, GREAT PLACE. Martin.

1 Thank martin w
Derby, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love Indian food but was very disappointed the starter of chicken tika was ok chicken a bit rubbery but the main course was very very greasy oil was dripping off my plate it was awful not been back since, also tried a take away that was the same

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jayne E
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“tasty curry”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

First visit to this restaurant last night and had a lovely meal. Very tasty made with good quality ingredients. Will definately be going back and will try the takeaway service. Shame there were not many tables taken but we were early. The mix and match menu is a bargain at £7.95. The house wine was about £10.95 but only red or medium white, could do with a dry white house wine. No draught lager, small bottles a bit on the expensive side.

Curry lovers should give this place a try.

1 Thank DorothyThamesmead