“1 order correct, 1 order incorrect & expensive”
Review of Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce
Ranked #433 of 679 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$25 - US$28
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The place isn't posh, its fairly run down and full of broken chairs in the garden. Two of us ordered food, one was fine, one was incorrect, then it took them another 20 minutes to bring up a sandwich instead of a wrap. How long does it take to make a sandwich???? Food was so & so, nothing good.

3/5 because it actually has a garden so you can sit outside in the sun, unlike a lot of other run down pubs in Southend town center.

It isn't particularly cheap either, McDonalds probably would have done a better job with the order and much faster considering its self service and you order at the bar, It was £2.55 for a watered-down pepsi. £8-12 for a main. It's pretty expensive for the bad quality food. Battered cod is £10...

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Sorry to say that I have had a few experiences here and unfortunately they have not been very good. My first visit I ordered the carbonara pasta and not only was it a bit hard and chewy I then came to the conclusion that it tasted a lot like a microwave meal I had a few weeks before. The second trip I ordered a steak and although it was nice the service was ridiculous! I went with 4 friends and the meals came out at such different times that I was finished long before a friend of mine even got their order.

Overall The service and food isn't really up to standards but it is a nice place to go for a drink.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Staff really couldn't be bothered hence tables, chairs, floors and toilets disgusting. This pub used to be nice gone downhill but food still nice but drinks a bit pricey.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We came in for a Saturday afternoon pint and some nachos. The first table we sat on had the most disgustingly dirty chairs I've ever seen in a pub so we moved over to some leather sofas. Before sitting down, my husband had trodden on someone else's discarded lunch so we had to move for a third time! To top it off, the 'bar' staff completed ignored us even though we were the only people waiting at the bar!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

To begin with all staff are rude and unhelpful, service is very slow. The toilets are absolutely disgusting-all but one toilet out of six was blocked on my visit. Food is overpriced for what it is,nothing is home cooked every meal is microwaved. The music is blaring late so you are unable to have a conversation. Finally the cocktails are terrible and cheap tasting!