“Huge menu - great service - lively, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Salsa Restaurant

Salsa Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 685 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fun, family-run Spanish/Mediterranean restaurant in Southend-on-Sea, Salsa Tapas & Grill offers delicious Tapas & Mediterranean food, along with some Latin American specialities like Fajitas and more, along with live music on Friday's to complete this vibrant atmosphere. One of the largest family-run venues in South-East Essex, Salsa Restaurant and Tapas Bar was established in 2009. Ideal for family meals and parties, Salsa focuses on offering great value for money, quality food and a fabulous vibe throughout. Salsa is dedicated to using fresh quality produce from local markets, whilst importing speciality ingredients, coffee and wines direct from, Portugal and Spain, over 50% of our menu is gluten free. This philosophy ensures that Salsa can support the local business community and provide a great dining experience at the same time. With a selection of Espetadas, Tapas, Paellas and much more!... on the menu ranges from Traditional Homemade Chilli con Carne, Enchiladas and Burritos to the mouth-watering Tex Mex Chicken and succulent Full Rack of Ribs along with Spanish tapas, paellas fresh fish & great steaks. In addition, 80% of our suppliers are based within 10 miles of the restaurant.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Really enjoyed our "Salsa" experience. The food was delicious and freshly prepared - huge menu to choose from and the service was really good. Lively and noisy with plenty of atmosphere...good value too....We took our children this time and the staff were really good with them and they were well catered for. Would definitely recommend to families.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had been here few times but only ever for lunch. Went Friday night and would recommend it. Had Doritos to share to start pretty good and pretty filling. Then for main the fajitas and thesew ere good lots of onion and chicken but not enough cheese for me. Also four tortillas could be seen as a little stingy too.

Good atmosphere here and good service , on Friday they had a live singer, maybe tho it was a little to loud for an early evening meal when trying to chat.

Would recommend the place for lunch to great deals!

1  Thank alan_212212
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The cocktail are delicious and tasty.
I ate chorizo tapas and chicken skewer as portuguese speciality : it was very good.
The staff is friendly and the atmosphere very good.

A good place to be

1  Thank gvincent26
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Visited Salsa on Easter Sunday for dinner.

When asking about the set menu advertised outside, we were told a couple of times ‘No, no, it’s not valid on Sundays’ and it took a while for them to acknowledge it’s a printing mistake and an old menu that hadn't been changed. The waiter going back and forth to the bar, the manager and outside several times made me quite embarrassed as I feel quite a lot of people noticed what was going on. They did eventually offered us to have the set menu as a favour from the manager. Had a very good meal after this.

Starters were nice and on the large size for tapas, which I found nice. Both me and my friend had Chimichangas for main, which were delicious. Service was good; we did have to wait a while between courses but they were pretty busy with two large parties both with about 15-20 people. Atmosphere and décor were nice as well, a relaxed but cheery place all in all.

Would definitely come back here again, hope I have room for dessert next time :)

1  Thank traveleralice
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I went to celebrate our friends birthday. There was about 20 of us having dinner. Some ordered al a carte, we went for the two courses for 19.99 party menu which has good variety.

Last night there was a great DJ playing a good variety of music, and really added to the fun happy vibe atmosphere at this place. I commented to, who I thought was a manager, how good he was and he told me that twice a month they have a live acts also.

Food: Fab value for money, for mine. Hubby's choices, not so much. I had mussels in sauce and melt in the mouth lamb steaks... Which were rear to my taste without being asked, comes with gravy, roast spuds and green beans. My husband had calamari to start and king prawn fajitas which would have been a good potion size for me, but he was still hungry. It came with three small, almost kids size wraps, and just about enough filling for them. It was a good job my main came with two lamb steaks. We opted for additional desserts. cinnamon waffle and ice-cream for me, yum, my husband ordered tiramisu which was sill a tiny bit frozen in the middle but still tasted good. My husbands meal was the smallest out of all the meals on our table, everyone else's came out full and plentiful. We did consider wether they had done a kids portion by mistake as the kids meals seemed to be bigger than what he got.

There was a bit of a wait in between courses, I could see the kiddie at our table getting tired and frustrated, but considering the place was booked up and another big party was going on elsewhere, a wait wasn't a big deal. We are an easy going bunch, Some of us were getting up for a drinks and a dance or popping outside for a smoke and the extra chatting time really wasn't a problem for us.

Bar drinks were a little bit more expensive, especially when my berries cider came in a little bottle also. I don't know if the served drinks are more reasonable, as our group had a 'get your rounds from the bar' arrangement.

The service charge is added automatically for parties of ten or more, ten percent, which is what we would have tipped anyway.

Overall we would definitely go again, it is somewhere our teenage son would enjoy to go and eat with us.