“Right on our doorstep!”

The LemonTree
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Lemon Tree brings an authentic taste of Mediterranean cuisine to Southend on Sea. Located on Southchurch Road the restaurant adds a fresh and sophisticated feel to the neighbourhood.The executive chef Servet leads a team of well trained cooks from Turkey that are introducing their best to Southend audience. The speciality Mediterranean dishes such as: Kleftico Lamp Shoulder or Pan Fried Escalope of Veal are being prepared carefully using the best local ingredients and are highly priced by all our clients. Unique blends of Mediterranean spices, meat and fish create a wonderful taste impossible to ignore.
southend on sea essex
“Right on our doorstep!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

After attending a presentation ceremony for our daughter at the Italian embassy we wanted to round off the day with a celebrationary Italian meal. We have often driven past this restaurant and not given it a thought - so glad we decided to 'give it a try'. Great atmosphere, superb meal, left contented and satisfied. We will return. Thank you

1 Thank vectraexplorer

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Food, Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went here a few weeks ago with a couple of friends. It was early evening on a Saturday, and despite living 3 minutes away I'd never been. I couldn't be bothered to go hunting or forage so this seemed like a good idea.

We got there about 6:30pm, which of course is ridiculously early, however we were greeted like old friends. It's the small details that make the difference and the fact that the waiter was both warm and friendly, but not over familiar is a big thing to me. Add to that offering to take my coat for me, and I felt at home right away, cursing myself for not coming here sooner.

I was, I have to admit a little fearful of the price, but with a fixed price menu I was startled by the prices. I had three courses for under £16. The starter was Calamari, and it was the perfect combination of slightly crunchy with a soft centre, bit like an armadillo.

For mains I opted for lamb which was one of the best meals I have ever tasted. Perfectly cooked it went down like plane with no wings. Total perfection.

Dessert was tiramisu, and it was exactly as you'd expect, soft and creamy, at times it can be overdone and taste like chewing raw coffee but not with this dessert.

Amazing service, beautiful food.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Blingrich
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant with amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visited last night for a friends birthday. She was in a wheelchair and as we had made the staff aware when booking we were seated at a table which left lots of room for everyone to move around us. The restaurant was quite busy which made the noise levels high, at times we couldn't hear what each other were saying and that's the only negative point I can make about my visit and I know that's not the restaurants fault. The staff were very attentive without making a nuisance of themselves. The food was out of this world. Full of flavour and a decent size portion. There is a set menu which is really good value for money and had a lot to choose from. The a la carte menu had such a huge variety to choose from. I highly recommend the chicken and chorizo risotto!!! I made enquiries before visiting about taking a birthday cake in. The manager told me this was permitted and they would light the candles and deliver the cake to the table whilst singing which was great. Their policy is that if you take cake and eat it there then you will have to pay a service charge, however if you have a dessert from their menu then you can have your cake after without the service charge. The meal was so huge I couldn't fit any cake in even if I wanted to. Am looking forward to another visit and will also try their other restaurant in Leigh.

1 Thank Jayne A
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“The Lemon Tree restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had been recommended to go to this restaurant by a couple of people and had been wanting to go for a while. I was not disappointed. Good choice of food, well cooked, friendly and helpful staff and a very buzzy enjoyable atmosphere. Looking forward to trying their sister restaurant The Palm Tree and will return to this one

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 188Kate
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“The lemon tree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Lovely food, excellent choice and well worth the money. Very attentive service with friendly staff. Looks small from outside but spacious and nicely decorated with a lovely garden. Able to pop in just for a drink without purchasing food.

1 Thank Kimmi121