“What happened?!?”

Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lemon Tree brings an authentic taste of Mediterranean cuisine to Southend on Sea. Located on Southchurch Road the restaurant adds a fresh and sophisticated feel to the neighbourhood.The executive chef Servet leads a team of well trained cooks from Turkey that are introducing their best to Southend audience. The speciality Mediterranean dishes such as: Kleftico Lamp Shoulder or Pan Fried Escalope of Veal are being prepared carefully using the best local ingredients and are highly priced by all our clients. Unique blends of Mediterranean spices, meat and fish create a wonderful taste impossible to ignore.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this restaurant, waiting staff, quality of food service ambiance used to be super, and I visited the Lemon Tree on a reasonably frequent basis. I visited this week and couldn't believe the change, although my parents had advised there had been a decline. The quality/quantity of food had decreased significantly and I was really disappointed with the evening. given I was in company I did not feel it appropriate to raise the issues, but sadly, unless I hear of an improvement I won't be going back. A real lack of presentation on food, lots of Fluff (lettuce leaves/veg) but main item on dish very small. The £12.95 for two courses is not good value as the dishes available for this are cheap to produce. Another restaurant in Leigh which does three courses for the same money is far superior for all aspects of fine dining!! - sorry

5  Thank Foodytu

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Wanted to find a really good restaurant in Southend for a pre theatre meal and The Lemon Tree was highly recommended. Although not within walking distance of the Cliffs we thought it was worth the extra drive.

The service was welcoming without being overbearing, the menu is VAST! Some good set menu deals as well. I had the grilled halloumi salad which was delicious although I have a dislike for hot lettuce as it goes soggy! My main - king prawn thermidor was 5 star!! So rich and creamy with melted cheese, about 8-10 large juicy prawns, wonderful. Top quality sides of saute potatoes and buttered carrots. Everything was piping hot. We were way too full for any pudding.
Would definitely go back.

1  Thank MaldivesForever23
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Would recommend this place. Staff are lovely and the food is fab. Great dining experience for everyone

1  Thank Lovegoodfood247
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Lovely staff & the food is excellent.
Booked a tribute night in 3 weeks. Can't wait.
The place to go for a great night out.

2  Thank harveyoscar
Reviewed 23 May 2014

After attending a presentation ceremony for our daughter at the Italian embassy we wanted to round off the day with a celebrationary Italian meal. We have often driven past this restaurant and not given it a thought - so glad we decided to 'give it a try'. Great atmosphere, superb meal, left contented and satisfied. We will return. Thank you

1  Thank vectraexplorer