“Excellent Quality Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Indian Cuisine
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Me and my friends are always visiting this restaurant, in my opinion the best indian restaurant in southend, although there may be cheaper we all agree quality is far superior. A beautiful restaurant with polite service. My personal favourite dish would be salmon tikka as this is not a dish I have seen in any other indian restaurant and it is mouth watering! The king prawns are expensive but huge and really tasty. All round good restaurant, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Absolutely the worst and the most expensive Indian restaurant I have ever visited!

The starters were okay but very small in quantity and approximately 25% more expensive than elsewhere. As for the main meal... I ordered King Prawns in chilli and what arrived can only be best described as pig swill. It was a dish piled high with pink coloured stodge, something that resembled very lumpy porridge. The taste was bland and quite honestly was inedible. My partner's dish was no better and for some reason had a lemon flavour to it, something which was not described on the menu. When we complained about the poor quality of our dishes no apology was offered or recompense. The bill came to £52 for two starters, two mains, one bottle of beer and one glass of house wine. Will definitely never be back there again. Vile!!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Apart from the starters (I had chicken tikka) the food was the worst I have ever had!! Too expensive for the **** that is served. Service was good. There are cheaper and better Indians withing the local area.

***DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE***

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great location next to the Kursaal on the seafront. The food was very good but the service was a little slow but as we weren't in a hurry this wasn't a problem. I've also ordered a few takeaways and have never been disappointed. We will definitely be dining here again very soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Have been here many times since it opened, the food is fresh tasty and prepared with care. Anton is always very helpful and the service is excellent. The nan prepared hot from the tandoor is always a favourite as are the grilled dishes. The location is fantastic being on the seafront and there is easy parking opposite. Would recommend this to both Indian and English customers alike. They've also opened a sheesha bar which looks quite interesting.