“Not very exciting food”

Description: Fine Indian Cuisine
London, United Kingdom
“Not very exciting food”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

When we arrived in the restaurant at 7.35 pm it was empty which didn't make good impact on me. My wife insisted that we should give it a try as we were quite hungry after spending the whole day going up and down the sea front which we enjoyed very much plus the most exciting fun fare. Unfortunately, the food was tasteless. The presentation was poor. On the whole, we did not enjoy at all. Probably, our selection of food items were not right though the main course was recommended by the only waiter in the restaurant. I don't think I will ever go near this restuarant.

• Visited August 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“It's time for tiffin”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Curry as it should be amazing service, amazing food.... The chicken pakora is the best I have ever tasted, melt in the mouth. We had the buffet, but they cooked the nan to order, and it was scrummy. The selection was great with multiple veg curries too and fab veggie samosas. Only downside... I'm here on a dance weekend and I'm still full from last night's curry. Top place.

• Visited June 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Below Parr”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The outside of this restaurant looks so inviting and what a disappointment it was! Was contemplating leaving after visiting the unclean ladies loo when I arrived, however, decided to give it a try. The buffet being £10 is by far the most expensive I have been to in this area, was cold, no salad; was provided when asked for. The vegetarian main dishes I had tasted terrible, so I was pleased that the waiter offered to provided me with a curry dish asking me how I liked it - there must have been some confusion as it didn't arrive and when I asked about it I guess he was just asking what I liked - which wasn't the 2 hairs in both of our meals. Beer was flat. My goodness I can't wait to go back to the Taj Mahal in Leigh - this is 7 star in comparison and £2 cheaper. Never again and it's the first time in a long while that I had such a dreadful meal.

• Visited June 2013
bedfordshire
“Food excellent, service spot on. Would highly recommend it.”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Tikka and tandoori dishes were lovely, quite spicy, madras was excellent with a great kick too it. It is well located on a corner so can be easily spotted near traffic lights.
Very reasonably priced with good house wine. 2 people, 2 courses and bottle of wine £45

Visited May 2013
Essex
“Better than most”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

Went to Tiffins for a work night out. The food was very good, I had the lamb madras which was just the right heat for me. The service was quite slow, but there were 15 of us so it can't be easy. The atmosphere was okay but the lights could have done with being slightly less bright.