Holiday Inn Southend
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$64
Travelodge
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$116
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop restaurantan early flighttop floorretail parkairport runwaysuperior roomcar parkmodern hoteltrain stationclose to the airportthe air conditioningan upgradecomfortable roomsexcellent stayfew minutes walkone night stayfollowing morning
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Another excellent stay at his hotel. its so convenient right next to the station and airport. Reception staff are very welcoming and helpful and I was recognised as a PCR elite member and given vouchers for a free drink at the bar.
Rooms are fine clean and tidy and spacious enough and having Sky Sports 1 on the tv was a bonus, haven't had this at other HI hotels.
Bar area is the great feature of this hotel, spacious modern and overlooking the airport. The restaurant food was excellent there was a good selection of dishes and reasonably priced.
Breakfast is the usual buffet fare but with a good twist with freshly cooked eggs to order another touch you do not see at other HI hotels.
Would recommend the hotel and will be looking forward to my next visit on my return to Essex.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank martinshrimper
StevenJBrazil, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southend, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. We are very proud that you have rated us 5 stars and great compliments regarding many aspects of your stay. We are delighted that you think our rooms are fine and the restaurant excellent. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed in this Holiday Inn Southend Airport twice now, in as many weeks. I am a platinum IGH member and I was immediately recognised for my loyalty level. The desk staff are always extremely friendly and welcoming, asking about my journey to the hotel from Wales and making me feel like a genuinely wanted customer. I have been upgraded to an executive room on both occasions which was very kind of them. The rooms are well appointed, large and spotless. I have stayed at Crowne Plaza's (the next level up in the IHG chain) less nice. Although conveniently next door to the airport, the soundproofing is excellent, I didn't hear a single plane. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom very clean and good facilities. There is a mini bar that can be stocked on request, but I used it for soft drinks purchased at reception. I ordered room service on one visit and it was extremely cheap - a fruit salad for just two pounds and on another visit I had breakfast which was good, wholesome and again cheap. I will be staying on many future occasions and look forward to it. For ten pounds I can even bring my dog and walk him in the nearby park. Parking is five pounds but you can come and go as many times in 24 hours. Wifi was free as a platinum member and reasonably fast. I have no complaints, it was an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms get better views of the airport
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris_Nial67

Thank you for your review from your recent visit. We are delighted that you love our hotel and you enjoy staying with us. We are aiming to be good value for money and are really happy you think we are and we are one of the relatively few hotels which welcome pets. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Only stayed 1 night, found all the staff friendly and helpful, receptionist explained fully and answered my questions clearly. Room very comfortable, clean and modern. Mini gym was great in the morning, and finally breakfast, a warm welcome very clean facilities, good selection of food and a overall nice view of Southend Airport. Would highly recommend to anybody, will definitely re-visit.

Room Tip: they have a selection of rooms that over look the airport, Gym is on the 1st floor, restaurant on the 5th
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
StevenJBrazil, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southend, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your stay on Christmas Day and the 5 star review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the 1935 Rooftop Restaurant & Bar. Thank you for recommending us to anybody wishing to stay in Southend. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Took a party of 30 here for the party night and we all had a really enjoyable time. The room was beautifully decorated, the food good and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The disco played the sort of music that everyone could dance to and a good time was had by all till midnight. Stayed the night at the hotel, comfortable quiet room with airport views and good selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at one of our Party Nights and the stay overnight. We were thrilled to learn that you had a great time, good food and a quiet, comfortable room. We hope to see you again next year and would like to wish you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Although we live nearby I wanted to stay here as soon as I saw its striking shape. We were very fortunate to be allocated an executive room with the curved windows. Being on the first floor the views weren't amazing but the room was lovely and the reception staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay and the 5 star rating. We are very pleased you thought the room lovely and the staff were very friendly and helpful.