“Perfect!”

La Petite Petanque
Ranked #38 of 644 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Petite Petanque serves cosmopolitan cuisine in a relaxed vintage decor and in a unique setting on the Alexandra Bowling Green. We are open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and early dinner (handy for pre performance meals before shows at the Cliffs Pavilion) AND NOW OPEN FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS. We also serve a fantastic afternoon tea (booking required). Winner of the Best Tea Rooms Essex Award 2012 and runner-up 2013, you are assured of a high quality, substantial meal on every visit. Sunday Roasts are particularly popular so its best to make a reservation.
Ashingdon
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Love this little place and hope they get it up and running again soon after their fire. The food is lovely, the service "cheeky", and the atmosphere relaxed. Can't think of anywhere nicer in Southend. Hidden gem.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank magentapants

London, United Kingdom
“Character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

In a world of chains and identikit interiors, this place stands out for the charm of the staff and the individuality of the location.

Sunday lunch with 3 generations - food was v.good but it was the warm & unusual interior design, roaring fire and friendly staff that really make this place.

recommend.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark Y
wickford
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Called in for breakfast with my husband and eleven year old son. I had seen this restaurant on the internet , I was looking for something different to visit for my birthday . It looks like I've found it at petite .

My son and I had the eggs Benedict , the best smoked salmon I've had in a long time , my son had the ham and said the same . We also agreed fab poached eggs with bright yellow yolks and perfect consistency . My son who is a harsh critic really enjoyed his Rossi ice cream milk shake , and so did I , well I had to check it out for him .

My husband , also a fussy , I mean a harsh critic ( I was on tenterhooks waiting for his views) also said , lovely ingredients .

The staff are very friendly and I love the quirky interior , I can't wait to get a table overlooking the green , when and if we get better weather .

After our breakfast we then went for a wander round the lovely gardens and a walk along the sea front .

I have my next visit planned for my birthday treat , and as I not want to leave people out I may have to come back as a regular trip , I'm sure I will cope . I can't understand why I have not heard of this little gem before , unless it is a closely guarded secret .

I think this will now be on my list of eateries in the Southend area

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank eve r
southend on sea
“Lovely Cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Popped in for tea and cake with a friend. It was delicious, really nice selection of cakes, and the rest of the menu looked delicious. The staff were so friendly and nice. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Benfleet
“Fabulous from beginning to end!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Went for the first time to this lovely, well presented, friendly restaurant. 11 of us went for afternoon tea to celebrate a special birthday. What an experience ... Tasty food served by helpful, humorous, friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. We were the last ones there but we're never made to feel rushed. What a great afternoon. Will definitely be regulars!

Visited February 2014