We visited this adorable seaside town on a wintery night to see a concert at cliff's pavillion (a quick walk from the hotel) and booked a room at Ilfracombe purely for location.
We were so pleasantly surprised! The room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable. We were in a room just at the top of the stairs above reception and the dining room, but it was completely noiseless.
When we returned from the concert, we had drinks I the lounge which is for guests only. It was cozy and fun. I think the hotel manager would have served us all night if we had wanted him to! Breakfast the next morning was delicious, generous and included in teh price of our room.
This would be an ideal spot for a summer beach vacation, but we found it wonderfully cozy on our one night there. If you're visiting in winter, there are great pubs nearby and Oldham's fish and chips is worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 'AA' Rated 4-Star Guest House which combines spacious and comfortable accommodation with a prime location close to Cliffs Pavilion Theatre and Southend's Adventure Island Funfair Park. • 20 en-suite Bedrooms & 6 fully serviced Apartment Suites • Walking distance to High Street, Cliffs Pavilion & Seafront • Free Car Parking • Free Wi-Fi • Free Full English Breakfast • SKY SPORTS in all Rooms & Bar • Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant • Less than 7 minutes drive from Southend Airport • 1/2 Price Wristbands to Adventure Island Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Ilfracombe House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilfracombe Hotel Southend On Sea
- Ilfracombe House Hotel Southend-On-Sea, Essex