Ilfracombe House Hotel
US$100
  • Beachfront
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$132
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$64
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewscar parktv and dvd playerbit datedlovely little hotelfour poster bedsky sportstrouser presshalf pricehome from homereally nice place to staymini fridgehash brownsthe ground floorbuffet breakfastrooms are comfortabletea making facilitiesfriendly hotel
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Twice we have stayed at this hotel this year was our 56 th wedding anniversary and we decided to stay here again ,its very comfortable and the food is first class and the staff are very friendly, we will be coming back next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leon715
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I had to attend a wedding in Southend and we did some research and found this delightful gem. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly young man who could not do enough for us. The meals were superb and plenty of it, rooms were clean and spacious. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants a clean, family run hotel with lots of character. The football was an added bonus for my husband!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doo K
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Luckily we were only booked in for one night! We had a friendly greeting on arrival and were made to feel welcome but unfortunately the positives ended there.
The room was more cramped than it needed to be as a single bed had been positioned by the door, meaning it only opened half way ( quite a squeeze getting in with your luggage). Overall the room looked very tired and dated and was dirty. Stains on the chair and curtains also sticky patches on the bed side table and what seemed to be melted chocolate in the carpet! But all this was nothing compared to the bathroom. Dirty tiles , toilet, bath, sink and mirror along with half used toiletries, just shocking! I could go on and on but I really don't want to dwell on it anymore. Please for your own enjoyment Stay Away!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SeeWoo
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Love this place been going back there for years now love Berti
He is like a friend now highly recommend the apartments great value for money and always a welcoming smile at breakfast from Berti and the team
Nothing to much trouble and would go out there way to get you in

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travelled here from Norfolk and met family there. My room was ready early which was a bonus and I was greeted with a smile from the person who booked me in. I had the single room but it was ideal. Everything I needed was there e.g hair dryer, ironing board and iron if needed too. Was also en suite which I prefer. The carpark at the back is small but we did manage to get parked ok. The meal we had at the hotel on the first night was excellent. Very nicely presented and good portions. There is a bar too if you fancy an evening drink. The town is just approximately 10 minutes stroll. We walked to the gardened area fairly near the hotel where there are plenty of benches to sit and look across to the sea. Lovely and quiet there too! Shopping area very good. I walked the pier one way and back on the train. That was about £3.50. The breakfast at the hotel was buffet style but you only had to ask if there was something you needed. A very friendly hotel and one which we would certainly stay in again if visiting Southend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family