The staff were very friendly and approachable in this hotel and nothing was too much trouble. The room took us by surprise as it was much nicer than we had hoped. We had a four poster bed in our large, luxury double room and quality furnishings. The bathroom too was always spotless. It was a very big and very comfortable room with lots of light from the large windows.
It was the perfect location for us as it was just a short distance to Southend town centre and to the beachfront and it was also only about 6 - 7 mins walk to Cliffs Pavilion.
I liked the hot and cold buffet breakfasts in the mornings and I also loved the glamorous chandeliers hanging from the ceilings! It is obvious that care that has been taken to make this hotel a real pleasure for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 'AA' Rated 4-Star Guest House which combines spacious and comfortable accommodation with a prime location close to Cliffs Pavilion Theatre and Southend's Adventure Island Funfair Park. • 20 en-suite Bedrooms & 6 fully serviced Apartment Suites • Walking distance to High Street, Cliffs Pavilion & Seafront • Free Car Parking • Free Wi-Fi • Free Full English Breakfast • SKY SPORTS in all Rooms & Bar • Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant • Less than 7 minutes drive from Southend Airport • 1/2 Price Wristbands to Adventure Island Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Ilfracombe House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilfracombe Hotel Southend On Sea
- Ilfracombe House Hotel Southend-On-Sea, Essex