E mailed several hotels in Southend to ask for availability at last minute - this one was the only to reply. Initially they did not have a room but kept my details and was contacted by Bertie on Friday who let us know a room had become available. Arrived on Saturday, greeted by Michelle (also very friendly and helpful). Stayed in Room 16, pleasant room and lovely bathroom, all clean and tidy. The door of room number 1 was open the next morning (also looked nice and I would ask for that room next time).
Had a few drinks in the bar on the Saturday afternoon and a meal in the evening before going to see Riverdance. Meal very nice - good price, total cost just over £30. for two courses each plus bottle of wine. Breakfast next day was good also. The people in this hotel are very hardworking and really deserve a good review - I have signed up to Trip Advisor today to write this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 'AA' Rated 4-Star Guest House which combines spacious and comfortable accommodation with a prime location close to Cliffs Pavilion Theatre and Southend's Adventure Island Funfair Park. • 20 en-suite Bedrooms & 6 fully serviced Apartment Suites • Walking distance to High Street, Cliffs Pavilion & Seafront • Free Car Parking • Free Wi-Fi • Free Full English Breakfast • SKY SPORTS in all Rooms & Bar • Fully Licensed Bar & Restaurant • Less than 7 minutes drive from Southend Airport • 1/2 Price Wristbands to Adventure Island Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ilfracombe House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilfracombe Hotel Southend On Sea
- Ilfracombe House Hotel Southend-On-Sea, Essex