“power kite taster session”

Southend Kitesurfing
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Southend-on-Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: High quality tuition in Kitesurfing and Powerkiting. We have onsite changing facilities, toilets and cafe next door, ample parking and all only 20m from the beach
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a brilliant time and steve 1 hour power kite taster session. We got to use three different kites. Steve explain to to use each kite very good and it was easy to do. The kites got bigger and stronger as we progessed by the third one we were all sliding along the ground on our backsides including steve which we all got a great laugh out of it. Over all it was a great day and i would love to go back and to try it on the water.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had a great afternoon with Steve, learning how to rig and fly power kites of various sizes... Steve started with a key safety briefing and some fundamentals about space required and fly zones.. He then showed us how to get the kite out of the bag and set up, guiding at every stage.. Then came some flying demos where the correct techniques were described and shown, then we were into the breach... We tried bar and handle control, all under coached supervision.. Steve also showed me how to set up a brand new kite, including knots, which I have subsequently done without a problem, in fact was able to pass on some advice to my kids! All in all a great lesson, I think that after some practice I will return for a one2one to start some tricks... I do have the bug! Thanks Steve...

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My three children (ages 9,10 and 12) didn't know what to expect when we signed up to the power kiting taster session so we were thrilled to enjoy it so much. Steve was great about telling us just enough about the kite so we understood how it worked without getting too technical. We laughed loads as we slid on our bottoms! Can't wait to get on the water and try kitesurfing with Steve.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Big thank you to Steve for our two day kitesurfing course. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite being slow learners! Steve was extremely patient and encouraging throughout the two days. Sadly, the wind speed dropped on our last day and we had to finish the lesson an hour early. We have been compensated for this and can come back to do the remaining time. This is a great place for beginners although be prepared for some walking as the tide goes out. I would definitely recommend Southend Kitesurfing.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Really enjoyed a '1 to 1' three hour session with instructor Carl. Most people despair trying to teach me anything but Carl had a very clear, reassuring and no nonsense approach to teaching that was second to none. I've experienced a fair amount of tuition for various water based sports and would rate this as the best by far. They had good facilities and safe modern equipment. Really looking forward to the follow up session.

1  Thank jeremy b