“To Steve and the team - Great day, Great training and I loved it all ....”

Southend Kitesurfing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Southend-on-Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: High quality tuition in Kitesurfing and Powerkiting. We have onsite changing facilities, toilets and cafe next door, ample parking and all only 20m from the beach
London, United Kingdom
“To Steve and the team - Great day, Great training and I loved it all ....”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

To Steve and the team

From word go, Steve was amazing. Introduction to the sport and what to do and not to do. Covered all lessons very well and made me feel confident and comfortable all the way until I was up and running.

Amazing day and I pay special thanks to you Steve :-)

Well Done mate and thank you again

“Kite surfing taster”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Highly recommended for anyone from age 12 upwards. Great to do as a family and Steve was really patient and very informative. Didn't baffle us with technical stuff just told us enough to be safe on the land and water.
This was a really great morning spent learning how to fly the kite on land first and then hitting the water to try our hand. This will definitely give you an idea of whether you would like to pursue kite surfing or not. Safe and great fun.

Visited September 2013
Mullingar, Ireland
“power kite taster session”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a brilliant time and steve 1 hour power kite taster session. We got to use three different kites. Steve explain to to use each kite very good and it was easy to do. The kites got bigger and stronger as we progessed by the third one we were all sliding along the ground on our backsides including steve which we all got a great laugh out of it. Over all it was a great day and i would love to go back and to try it on the water.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Power kite taster”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had a great afternoon with Steve, learning how to rig and fly power kites of various sizes... Steve started with a key safety briefing and some fundamentals about space required and fly zones.. He then showed us how to get the kite out of the bag and set up, guiding at every stage.. Then came some flying demos where the correct techniques were described and shown, then we were into the breach... We tried bar and handle control, all under coached supervision.. Steve also showed me how to set up a brand new kite, including knots, which I have subsequently done without a problem, in fact was able to pass on some advice to my kids! All in all a great lesson, I think that after some practice I will return for a one2one to start some tricks... I do have the bug! Thanks Steve...

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My three children (ages 9,10 and 12) didn't know what to expect when we signed up to the power kiting taster session so we were thrilled to enjoy it so much. Steve was great about telling us just enough about the kite so we understood how it worked without getting too technical. We laughed loads as we slid on our bottoms! Can't wait to get on the water and try kitesurfing with Steve.