“Big smiles!”

Southend Kitesurfing
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Southend-on-Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: High quality tuition in Kitesurfing and Powerkiting. We have onsite changing facilities, toilets and cafe next door, ample parking and all only 20m from the beach
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I booked a 2 day Kitesurfing course (Beginner) with Southend Kitesurfing.
Steve and Karl (the instructors) are so patient and good humoured it is impossible not to learn.
The kit they used was all excellent quality and the latest designs.
Most important to me was the safety aspect- and I am truly satisfied they delivered a very safe learning environment.
I learnt so much, and enjoyed it way more than I ever imagined- so this girl is off to buy her own equipment now and take up the sport :)
Don't hesitate to use these guys, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

To Steve and the team

From word go, Steve was amazing. Introduction to the sport and what to do and not to do. Covered all lessons very well and made me feel confident and comfortable all the way until I was up and running.

Amazing day and I pay special thanks to you Steve :-)

Well Done mate and thank you again

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Highly recommended for anyone from age 12 upwards. Great to do as a family and Steve was really patient and very informative. Didn't baffle us with technical stuff just told us enough to be safe on the land and water.
This was a really great morning spent learning how to fly the kite on land first and then hitting the water to try our hand. This will definitely give you an idea of whether you would like to pursue kite surfing or not. Safe and great fun.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a brilliant time and steve 1 hour power kite taster session. We got to use three different kites. Steve explain to to use each kite very good and it was easy to do. The kites got bigger and stronger as we progessed by the third one we were all sliding along the ground on our backsides including steve which we all got a great laugh out of it. Over all it was a great day and i would love to go back and to try it on the water.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had a great afternoon with Steve, learning how to rig and fly power kites of various sizes... Steve started with a key safety briefing and some fundamentals about space required and fly zones.. He then showed us how to get the kite out of the bag and set up, guiding at every stage.. Then came some flying demos where the correct techniques were described and shown, then we were into the breach... We tried bar and handle control, all under coached supervision.. Steve also showed me how to set up a brand new kite, including knots, which I have subsequently done without a problem, in fact was able to pass on some advice to my kids! All in all a great lesson, I think that after some practice I will return for a one2one to start some tricks... I do have the bug! Thanks Steve...