“Two day instruction course - Top class!”

Southend Kitesurfing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Southend-on-Sea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: High quality tuition in Kitesurfing and Powerkiting. We have onsite changing facilities, toilets and cafe next door, ample parking and all only 20m from the beach
Bishops Stortford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two day instruction course - Top class!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My friend asked me if I wanted to try kite-surfing so we booked the 2-day course. We met with Steve and Carl and were shown the basics of kit control on land for an hour before getting straight down to business on the water. The instruction was excellent and although it was a lot harder than it looked, progress was made and I have just booked a further 3 hour lesson to improve my skills. I 'll be buying a kite soon and hope to really get stuck into this extreme sport. Safety was of paramount importance and I'd like to thank Steve and Carl for getting us off the mark.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“2 day intro course”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just completed the 2 day intro to kitesurfing course. Loved every minute of it. Very well run by Steve who covers everything you need to know from safety and equipment to the basics of getting up in the water. I'm booking up my next follow on lessons immediately and cant recommend Southend Kitesurfing enough!!

“Big smiles!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I booked a 2 day Kitesurfing course (Beginner) with Southend Kitesurfing.
Steve and Karl (the instructors) are so patient and good humoured it is impossible not to learn.
The kit they used was all excellent quality and the latest designs.
Most important to me was the safety aspect- and I am truly satisfied they delivered a very safe learning environment.
I learnt so much, and enjoyed it way more than I ever imagined- so this girl is off to buy her own equipment now and take up the sport :)
Don't hesitate to use these guys, you won't be disappointed!

London, United Kingdom
“To Steve and the team - Great day, Great training and I loved it all ....”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

To Steve and the team

From word go, Steve was amazing. Introduction to the sport and what to do and not to do. Covered all lessons very well and made me feel confident and comfortable all the way until I was up and running.

Amazing day and I pay special thanks to you Steve :-)

Well Done mate and thank you again

Visited July 2013
“Kite surfing taster”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Highly recommended for anyone from age 12 upwards. Great to do as a family and Steve was really patient and very informative. Didn't baffle us with technical stuff just told us enough to be safe on the land and water.
This was a really great morning spent learning how to fly the kite on land first and then hitting the water to try our hand. This will definitely give you an idea of whether you would like to pursue kite surfing or not. Safe and great fun.