Gladstone Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Muthu Westcliff Hotel(Westcliff-on-Sea)
US$117
Gleneagles Guesthouse(Westcliff-on-Sea)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Roslin Beach Hotel(Thorpe Bay)
US$277
US$269
Holiday Inn Southend(Southend-on-Sea)
US$111
US$93
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Rochford Hotel(Rochford)(Great Value!)
US$107
Camelia Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)
US$130
US$125
Priceline
Premier Inn Southend Airport Hotel(Southend-on-Sea)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$121
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The worse bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. Stank of weed, shower wouldn't stay up so had to hold it broken vent was all mouldy and toilet was dirty. Wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. If had kids with us wouldn't have stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice place nice location good price very friendly and quiet nice new bedding very comfy and value for money I'd come back here when I'm spending a weekend away in Southend if you want a value for money guest house in Southend this is the place a stones throw from the sea and kids adventure island and all the arcades

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Jason30009
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I spent one night in this place with my two little girls. The carpets are dirty and covered in marks, the sheets were stained and the curtains were falling off the pole. To add to the state of the 'family' room there was no toilet en suite, so we had to walk down the hall in the middle of the night to the grubby toilet. Then we had someone try and get into our room thinking it was theirs which scared the kids. Plus the place stank of smoke and weed. I will never stay there again, the service and facilities are completely disgusting.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank TraceyR86
Reviewed 21 July 2013

my husband and I spent 2 nights at the Gladstone guest house never again I wouldn't let animals in there their sheets have all stains on them floor had dirty marks and blood stains on them sink was all brown and not cleaned went to the toilet as it was not an ensuite the light did not work they ran out of toilet roll and as we arrive late Friday nite we did not get a gud look at the room but on sat nite wen we came back to r room we found that r room and bed had not been made no tea facilities were put in there and about an hour after we came back we thought we had a power cut went to see the owners only to find out that they had been out all day we tried to find a contact number but to no avail we then found the fuse box only to find out it was not a power cut the electric had ran out they were on a card metre the oweners rolled in a 12 oclck that night witch I thought was disgusting as we could not even have a cup of tea so please if u read this do not book at the Gladstone bb as the camera does lie

Room Tip: park hotel is nice and I would say sewveiw
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blove2008
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Have stayed in many places, in many countries, and this has got to rate as one of the worst. Wouldn't call it a b & b as it does not come with breakfast !! The whole place is going to rack and ruin. The carpets are filthy, you have only a hand basin to wash in and the loo is out in the hall. The decor is shabby to say the least and everywhere seems to be pretty unclean. The owner seems to just be glad to take your money with no worries about whether or not his guests would like to return. I don't think any of them ever do !!! Steer well clear.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple