“lovely food always open when you need fish and chips even in the evening can be busy weekends”
Review of Bailey's Fry Inn

Bailey's Fry Inn
Ranked #529 of 730 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 24 March 2016

lovely food always open when you need fish and chips even in the evening can be busy weekends lots of seats quick service

Reviewed 11 February 2016

We try to visit Southend when ever the weather is OK out of season just for the walk along the coast, get some fresh air which makes you hungry and then always end up in Bailey's for our sit down fish and chips. We are pensioners and always choose their pensioners special which includes fish and chips, buttered bread roll and a cup of tea for £5.50 which is a bargain. The portion size is very good and is always fresh and cooked to order. We have been visiting this place for many years and will agree with the many bad comments regarding the location and state of the WC's but disagree with the poor comments regarding the staff. We have alway been made welcome and served by pleasant staff and the place is always busy which speaks volumes for the place and look forward to returning again before the summer season starts.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Been going here since I was a child and its the best in southend with out a doubt. Standard Cod and Chips for me but always cooked well and the chips are amazing.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

We used to visit Baileys as a family many years ago. Being in Southend visiting an exhibition I suggested to the other club members I was with that we should try here. As other reviewers have said it needs a make over. Thankfully none of us needed to use the toilets however through the open door to the rear we got a blow by blow account of a waitresses recent experience whilst she was on her phone. Take it outside or turn it off I suggest.
Can't say we were made to feel welcome. Place your order at the far end of the counter. Collect your cutlery and take a seat. I can't really speak of how the others really felt as I paid for all the meals they weren't going to be rude. I will say the chip portions were excessive . I asked for a large cod, which it was but the batter was too thick and hard for my liking and the meat inside was not that tasty.
I would not return here. For the same money you could eat far better.

4  Thank F2Paul
Reviewed 22 November 2015

We had a fabulous fish and chips meal on Saturday evening and the portions were huge, we will defintaley go back.