“By far the best Indian restaurant in the area.”
Review of Ashiana

Ashiana
Ranked #95 of 779 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My BF and I have eaten in this new restaurant many times since it recently opened, and the food has always been abslutely superb. As the previous review said, the Ashiana Special is lovely, but equally so is the bog standard chicken madras. Some lovely unusual dishes on the menu. Very reasonable prices. The service and staff are faultless, always happy, polite and helpful. The restaurant itself is simply but tastefully decorated (no flock wallpaper!) a nice comfortable evironment. Several of our friends have also been really impressed with the Ashiana. Just what this area needed, a really really good Indian restaurant. Not many reviews yet because the Ashiana has only been open a matter of weeks.

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I went to the Ashiana as it had recently opened. We had a wonderful dining experience. The staff were very efficient, attentive and friendly and were happy to recommend and discuss the various dishes. What I loved about Ashiana was that the menu has lots of different dishes not just the usual Massalas, Bhunas etc but lots of other exciting dishes as well. I chose the Ashiana Special which came with the biggest tastiest prawns that I had ever eaten, my husband had a chicken dish that was made especially for him bit for the life of me I can't find on the menu. The food was delicious and the whole experience was lovely we felt very welcome and had a lovely meal. I wish this restaurant lots of success for the future and I will continue to recommend it to other people.

Date of visit: October 2012