“Awful”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This restaurant has gone so far down hill that I will never go back. Food tasted awful, it was cold and they kept getting the order wrong. Hopefully they will improve!!!

2  Thank CarolAlfred

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Was very excited about visiting this restaurant with my boyfriend for my birthday. I'd read many of the reviews and one of my friends had also recommended it as 'the best Indian around.'
My boyfriend and I eat out quite a lot and Indian is one of our faves. Disappointingly, there was not a single dish that had a 'wow' factor upon hitting the taste buds. The food wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with it as such, but it certainly wasn't meriting 5 stars and the prawn dish that everyone seems to go on about, just didn't have any taste. We squeezed the lemon dry. Perhaps we just didn't order the right dishes, but we were both so disappointed as we didn't find anything special about it. Just an average Indian, which my boyfriend then threw up when we got home. I'm guessing this wasn't anything to do with the food as I was ok, but it just topped the disappointment off.
The lighting wasn't great either. A bit bright for my liking, which is always annoying as ambience is paramount, so why do so many restaurants STILL fail to understand and acknowledge this!? At the moment, we have no plans to re-visit, but maybe it was just not a good Friday eve for the cooking staff. Who knows, but tbh, the Indian meal we'd had previously at Leigh Tandoori was better.

5  Thank MimiBiggins
Reviewed 16 May 2014

One of the best Indian restaurants in Southend if not ( THE BEST ) Quality food,excellent service. Sunday buffet outstanding Most be tried
thankyou Bob and staff.

3  Thank len s
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have been visiting this restaurant for over 18 months now and for some reason have never reviewed it, perhaps because We are regulars, visiting twice a month.

We have had both the mid week banquet and the Sunday buffet. Both are fantastic value!

I find i get a yearning for their Tandoori chicken, from the buffet by Wednesday and could eat it every day, Its so fresh and tasty. Their Naan is also one of the best i have ever had, thin and puffy just to my liking wether plain or filled. I confess I have difficulty choosing my favourite dish so the buffet suits me fine as i only eat a little, they swap the dishes around but always have their old faithful Kurma and Tikka masala, as well as2-3 other meat curries and 2-3 veg dishes.

Bob is lovely and the staff courteous, what more could you ask for?

4  Thank meyouyoume
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the third time I have visited this Indian but it is my first review. I have had two sunday buffets and also the banqueting night - both are great value. With the banqueting night you get to choose your own food. With the buffet (my most recent visit) you have starters brought over fresh to your table (chicken tandoori, potatoe something, onion bajihs and salad) and these are cooked fresh so they are hot. Pappadoms are charged but the dips that come with them are delicious! After that you then order Naan Bread (which is included in price) and we had Garlic Naan - this is again cooked fresh. You then help yourself to the buffet, it isn't big however it has something to please everyone from Chicken Korma to Tikka Masala to Lamb Madras or Bombay potatoe and a few more dishes.

Would highly recommend.