“Great location- & value for money!”
Everhome Apartments, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 1HE
Alexandra Road Alexandra Road (Apartments on the Right)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Alexandra Road
Alexandra Road (Apartments on the Right)
Lounge
Double Bedroom
Single Bedroom
Kitchen
Bathroom with Bath and Shower
Lounge
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Linbin69
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Now but has potential to be Better”
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked for a week- Ground Floor Garden Apartment. May 29th to June 5th 2015.

We managed to stay for 5 days but had to get out before time was up as the apartment simply didnt meet our expectations; mum is 85 and she deserved better.

Originally we were taking mums disabled dog with us but thankfully we didnt as it would have been too dangerous for him; he is blind and had he walked on to the nail sticking out of the carpet I dread to think what would have happened. Also the garden was not as secure as we wanted- see photo for details- he would not have been able to roam free in it! .

We tried to make a go of it for mums sake and we took her out everyday to avoid being in the apartment too much but it became far too tiring for her and we decided to leave! We explained to the owner Malcolm; who in turn responded that he was saddened we did not like the apartment and has offered us two days compensation ie £150 for the 2 days we did not stay; and also £15 off each day we did stay. It cost us £75 per night to stay at Evermore and I'm afraid it was £75 too much. With just some small monetray input from the owner I believe Evermore could be as nice as the pictures advertised on the internet; the whole place is at the moment though in dire need of TLC as our attatched pictures demonstrate and in its current state is simply an eye sore. Malcolm seemed to be a genuinely nice person and hopefully he will be good to his word not only about the compensation but about getting the place cleaned up; I guess time will tell. Malcolm texted us to say that his mother in law has just passed away so although it may take him a while to sort things out I feel he will be good to his word! Also just to say Malcolm has said that the apartment has been fully booked out for the last four months with no complaints so perhaps there are some people who won't mind its current state - thought it only fair to state that!

It is very important to us to ensure a true representation of Evermore ( as it is now) is shown as it allows prospective holiday makers to make up their own minds about whether to book or not.

Liked best: location
Liked least: the state of the apartment itself and the garden area
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Jun 2015
I was very sad to read this review which is the first poor one I have received. I am however grateful to the lady for pointing out improvements I can make. On arrival, I always ask guests to let me know if they have any concerns or problems and to call me anytime. I always act upon any problems as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the first I heard of this lady’s dissatisfaction was when she sent me a text after she had stayed there 5 nights and then left and gone home. I immediately refunded her as per her review. As it happens we were able to rectify various points she had raised in just 2 hours and I would have gladly done it, for her as well, if she’d given me the chance. Redecoration and flooring etc. obviously takes longer but as I explained to her, the apartment had been fully booked since January, giving us limited time to undertake the larger jobs that older properties constantly require. They are now booked to be done later this month.
The garden is secure. If the lady had bought her dog, I would have explained to her that both the rear gardens are mine and her dog would have been able to use both gardens as many of our other guest’s dogs have done. The red barrier in the garden had been left there by contractors who are coming back to stay next week. They asked me if they could leave it there.

We offer economical self-catering apartments with lounge, kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms for less than the cost of an average single hotel room and we have many, many clients whom return time and time again.

I always try to offer an excellent service to my customers and whilst acknowledging the points this lady has raised I would ask you to please read and consider all the other reviews.

Malcolm Taylor
Jay Z
“Great location- & value for money!”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We had a great stay @ Everhome Apartments. Located a minutes walk from the seaside and a 5 minute walk to Southend's Boulevard. Great value for money and laidback owner.

Travelling group: Friends
17 May 2015
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in Southend-on-Sea. I look forward to welcoming you back.
zoejane59
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 17 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Good experience from the start with a warm friendly and informative welcome from the owner. Apartment was warm clean and comfortable. Short walk to Southend high street with its many pubs shops and restaurants.
We have previously stayed in the Travelodge but found the apartment gave us so much more for the same price. We will return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Mar 2015
JR0310
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“A nice stay in a nice place.”
Reviewed 31 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The owner Malcolm was there to greet us upon arrival and took the time to show us around the apartment to make sure we knew where everything was and how it worked. The apartment was always warm - a necessity since we were staying in January and yet not always a given in previous places we have stayed in. It was also nice to have basic supplies such as toilet paper, kitchen roll and hand wash already in the apartment (again something that is not always found upon arrival).
Having unlimited Wi Fi and Sky TV included in the price was also a really great plus and again something that is not always a given in other places or even hotels.
Overall, a nice stay in a nice place.

Travelling group: Other
Nhalliday
“We had a lovely stay at Everhome!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

The location of Everhome is perfect for walking to the seafront and attractions. We parked outside on the road and were able to relax all week. The flat was clean and spacious, The owner took time to make sure that the boiler was set as we wanted it and was only a phone call away if we needed him. A lovely experience and very reasonably priced!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
cathal d
“Great location, close to seafront, restaurants and High St.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We stayed in the upstairs apartment (family of 4 small children), we had ample room. Our extended family booked downstairs as we were all there for a family wedding. This worked really well as effectively we had the entire building to ourselves. Our children were glad of Sky TV downstairs. Parking can be difficult, but if your not in a hurry a spot eventually frees up. I'd stay here again if a trip to Southend happens again. Nice picnic spots nearby with great views.

Liked best: Very nice area
Liked least: Upstairs was a bit too warm in the evenings, couldn't open the windows as not child-proof
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Jennifer...
“A real home”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My flatmates and I loved staying in our Everhome apartment for 7 nights. We were all there for a week of dance courses. The apartment was surprisingly spacious, quiet, very functional, light and bright. It truly felt like home. The owner, Malcolm, was so accommodating too, as he gave us the room only 2 weeks before arrival and was also able to put in extra beds. The kitchen was spacious too with lots of light and worked well even though we were 5 ladies making each our own dinners and breakfasts.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the apartment itself
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing