“Southend's best arcade” 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Southend's best arcade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Southend sure has a lot inbound, Astro suddenly appeared out of nowhere and is starting to make a name for itself amongst the locals!

What began as a quiet, small town arcade filled with retro games has suddenly sprung into action becoming one of the most popular arcades to visit, it has some of the most niche games and unique games that you can only find at Astro. The DanceDanceRevolution machine is the latest, with hardware and software straight from Japan! Inbound are two more machines that the UK has never seen before, beatmaniaIIDX and pop'n music, it's amazing how they've come so far and are starting to draw in customers from around Europe just because of these games!

I have personally enjoyed myself and even became a volunteer staff member at Astro by getting to know the owners, I remember the meetup we had at the end of may where one of the managers even joined us for a meal. So far the arcade has been a pleasure to support and play at, I honestly can't give it any negative points, I only hope everything continues to grow in the future and see more people enjoy the arcade for what it has to offer.

Brighton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Rhythm Game & Shoot'em up Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

As a hardcore arcade goer since the 80's, there really are few choices left in the UK for real (non-redemption) video games. This lace has the classic 2D brawlers King of Fighters & Streetfighter, shooters like Espgaluda, and the only place in the UK with Ez2 Dancer, Pump It Up and DDr under one roof! What's more, it's the only DDR 2013 version in Europe.

These guys deserve more business and respect. Pay a visit.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Hours of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love a bit of retro arcade gaming, so to have a place like this right on my doorstep is just brilliant!
Nice laid back friendly atmosphere and staff, some great old school games and - oh! - they had FINAL FIGHT! - a game my brother and I used to feed all our pocket money to on visits to Clacton. I seem to be a lot better at it now, which is reassuring.
Superb, keep up the good work Astro City! Glad we found you.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow, back to the future!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love the arcade games from the eighties, even own a few, and had heard there was an arcade in Southend that was re-creating the full eighties arcade experience. This is it and I am glad I found it (It is not that easy to find, aim for Greggs!). Brilliant gaming fun for this 40 something year old kid.

1 Thank PaulS888832
UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Astro City, great place for real games”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Find your way up the stairs and you'll be rewarded with a great selection of classic retro games and pinball, you can also buy a coffee and play some pool if you want. You'll have to venture away from the main seafront arcades with their bland coin pushers but it's so worth it!

1 Thank 2pence