“great home made food”

Ranked #100 of 681 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Corner House is an independent family run Cafe, established in 2001. We serve breakfast all day plus lots of traditional meals like our homemade steak, kidney & mushroom pie, Ham off the joint, eggs & chips and our delicious hand made quarter-pound burgers. Our salads are freshly made to order along with toasties and Panini and oven baked jacket potatoes. We also have a Kids menu and are licensed to serve beer & wine.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

good home cooking pies liver and bacon just like your mum made. pie mash licker out of this world and staff friendly only one thing did not like old drunk a sleep by the door to the loos bit off puting when passing and when told the staff didnot do any thing about it?

cliff61248, Owner at The Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hi Stephen, thank you for your comments regarding our pie & mash and liver & bacon meals. The man you mentioned is a recent regular customer and is always very polite and has never been a problem. He does sometimes have a short nap after his meal but I take your point that this can give a bad impression. I'll keep an eye on the situation and will have a word with him if it happens again. I hope this has not put you off coming back and thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Corner House offers good value for money breakfasts, lunches & snacks. All served up by friendly staff. I can thoroughly recommend the homemade pies, sweet & savoury, Yum!!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Delicious cooked breakfast in Southend and it doesn't break the bank! The staff are friendly, the cafe is clean and centrally located.

1  Thank rchrisc88
Reviewed 24 October 2013

On those days when I like to push the boat out before work and have a cooked breakfast, there is only one place I will go, here. Having tried most of the places locally, I like variety, I have definitely settled happily here. The food is delish, the owners and staff are so friendly but not overbearing and the prices are really reasonable. Recommend 100%