“lunch time”

Ranked #43 of 731 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Corner House is an independent family run Cafe, established in 2001. We serve breakfast all day plus lots of traditional meals like our homemade steak, kidney & mushroom pie, Ham off the joint, eggs & chips and our delicious hand made quarter-pound burgers. Our salads are freshly made to order along with toasties and Panini and oven baked jacket potatoes. We also have a Kids menu and are licensed to serve beer & wine.
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had a reasonable lunch here. They soon corrected my order, so I was then fairly satisfied. Except i would expect pieces of onion in a sandwich or Panini to be chopped up small. Generally quite good.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Only ever had a takeaway jacket potato or panini but always been really good and not stingy on the toppings/fillings.

1  Thank Anthea B
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I went to this cafe initially for breakfast, I had hot dog and curly fries plus a cup of tea. It was a large portion and served quickly, very good value. I returned later for lunch, having a cheese and bacon toastie with coffee, Highly recommended.

cliff61248, Owner at The Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thanks very much for your great review. We do like to serve customers as quickly as possible, probably because I don't like waiting to long myself! I'm glad you enjoyed your food and your visit and hope you'll try us again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I came there during the lunch time. Nice location and audience in the cafe. Everybody is friendly. The food was served quickly and tasted very good .

1  Thank Natalie19942013
cliff61248, Owner at The Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Thanks Natalie, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll come again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here and it was an all-round pleasant experience.

Clean, friendly, polite staff, home made food and always well presented, nice portions, tasty food. Decent cup of tea all reasonably priced.

Not rushed to leave by staff always helpful and considerate.

Thank you all.