So after booking prior to reading the reviews and then reading them the night before, we headed off to the Travelodge in Southend with much trepidation, it was far too late to book anywhere else and the reviews where all saying this travelodge is horrible, dirty, noisy and generally uncomfortable. I had received an email from travelodge saying they would be decorating during our stay but I was still worried. It turns out that decorating meant a complete refit, our room had clearly just been done, it had a great new comfy mattress and 4, yes 4 large pillows, and it was very clean. There was a new flat screen tv and 2 chairs. It was still noisy, as there is a pub virtually underneath and a nightclub around the corner, but things settled around midnight when the pub shut. I can't comment on the breakfast as we never bother with them, they are over priced for what you get, there is a rather lovely cafe just down the road instead. so if your not too bothered about some noise, and this was only a problem on fri and sat night, sunday was very quiet, then its worth giving it another look, they are clearly trying to make it better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Southend on Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Southend On Sea Hotel Southend-On-Sea
- Southend On Sea Travelodge
- Southend-On-Sea Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Southend-On-Sea
- Travelodge Southend On Sea Southend-On-Sea, Essex