“Italian food doesn't get better than this”
Review of Route5

Route5
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Description: Route5 was born from our passion for good food and fine dining and from our will to open a place where the high tradition of Sicily and Abruzzi cuisine blends. All fresh pastas, bread and desserts are made in our kitchen following true regional traditions and recipes. Italian Food it's all what we love and with our passion we will share our love with you.
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My Italian cousin recommended Route 5 to me as she knows that having lived in Rome for 15 years, I know what good, authentic traditional and modern Italian dishes should be. I can honestly say that I've not found better cooking in the length and breadth of Italy. To have it on my doorstep in Southend on Sea is almost unbelievable. We eat there at least once a week and apart from the excellence of the food, the owners Stefano and Frederica make every visit special. The food is cooked fresh for each order and so it isn't instant - but the wait is certainly worth it. Fabulous food and friendly, personal service. They certainly deserve their award as Best English Italian restaurant.
En

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Persuaded my two friends to take a chance on a new place to eat and couldn't have had a nicer evening. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the restaurant is small and cosy. The food was amazing, particularly the aracini, which were HUGE! I had a lovely mojito full of fresh lime and mint and the prices for all the food and cocktails was very reasonable. Portion sizes are large also. All in all a great place to eat I would highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank essexgirlelena
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I don’t use to leave too many reviews when eating out, but in this case this is a MUST !!
I went to this lovely restaurant after been recommended by a friend who goes there regularly!!
I can understand now why!! It’s really like to be in Italy!
I use to eat out a lot and I have tried several Italian restaurants in town because I love Italy and Italian food, but honestly this little gem is the only one really close to the same flavour and taste you can find in Italy, authentic homemade fresh pasta was mouthwatering, service excellent and very friendly!
Even if you are stuffed don’t say not to the dessert, tiramisu was amazing!! best I ever had .
And if you are fancy about Sicily, trust me, the arancine In here are the best and biggest I ever found eating out! 5 stars are not enough! They deserve a huge success!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

This Italian café is run by a young, Italian husband and wife team, he front of house and she preparing and cooking the food. The food was delicious and not expensive and the ambience was perfect. Quite a small café but big on service and value for money.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is part of 3 reviews. See Piccolos and East Coast Social all in Southend.

We had a pleasant evening and it was reasonably priced, my main issue is that if I eat out I want it to be better than I could make at home. Unfortunately I am quite a good cook. Nothing complicated or special on the menu i’m afraid. I would not recommend this restaurant to friends if you are looking for something special but if you want a quick cheap bite it is ok.

Date of visit: September 2018