“Great!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to Pietros on a bit of a whim one evening when we all decided that we didn't much fancy cooking, and I am very glad we did. The restaurant is very small but very light and well decorated so the size doesn't really notice.
The service we were provided was quick and helpful and upon reviewing it, the menu was great - varied and traditional Italian.
The food was of high quality, hot, came out relatively quickly and tasted great.
All in all, a very good meal for the middle of the week.

2  Thank Charlotte Elois... Q
Pietro M, Owner at Pietros Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I have passed your comments to all the Staff and we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 8 August 2014

had a quick meal in here. Menu was interesting service excellent. Would definitely return for a more relaxed meal when not so time pressured

Pietro M, Manager at Pietros Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review; I have passed on your comments to all the staff at Pietros.
We are looking for to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 2 August 2014

For beeing an Italian restaurant the served food did not meet the quality you expect from Italian food at least in my opinion. The staff however did what they had to do, serve the food in an efficient way. I had ravioli as a starter and spicy fish, just beeing back from the Portugal coast I had expected a little more flavour in the dishes. I hope however that this is not the standard of Uk italian restaurants, because if it is I will not visit any Italian restaurant in the UK. Overall it was average, but not bad.

2  Thank Charles A
Pietro M, Owner at Pietros Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I do hope that if you will decide to visit us again on your next trip to Stock, you will have the time to speak to me personally and I will try my very best to make sure that you will have exactly what you would be expecting for from our Restaurant.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Visited Pietros on Friday evening, 4 of us. The place was well attended, table nice ish, the evening had started well. The food was better than average but hardly notable but still so far so good. After the table was cleared of the main course we waited and waited, I watched the solitary waitress in the kitchen chatting away without a care in the world, still we waited nothing, now the time has passed so desserts are really not wanted, things twisting a bit now. Eventually our waitress must have run out of conversation and is back 'on the floor', coffee is served and up comes a notable bill even though we had all of 4 chargeable drinks (total not each!) and 2 of the meals were OAP's. Anyway that's ok, expected, the bill includes a mandatory service charge don't forget. What wasn't expected, not having the correct money I had to put down £150 to pay the £145.40. And the change?...I waited, we sat we waited again but all in vain, a hearty fairwell from what appeared to be the owner was as close as I got to being offered the change. Now things are really twisted. Mouth kept shut as no trouble when with the inlaws but this one has to be noted.
Precis, on our 3rd visit to a restaurant, we have enjoyed in the past, we found insipid, disinterested and uninspired service which really hit the wall when the wiatress retired for small talk in the kitchen (in sight of diners) for a damning ammount of time. The worst however was no attempt to give change when due on a bill that included a mandatory service charge. I left wondering if anyone was in charge, if anyone was even interested in their restaurant on Friday. Boy they need to do better than that because as mentioned on Dragons Den 'I'm out'...

5  Thank David R
Pietro M, Owner at Pietros Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I do take every comment very seriously and I would like first of all to apologise for your bad experience. We always try our best to make sure that our customers have a great time when they visit our Restaurant and the service you received was far from acceptable. I would appreciate if you could get in touch with me personally and I will endeavour to rectify the points raised. I look forward to hearing from you and assure you of my prompt attention to this matter.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Unbelievably ordinary. Not an adventurous or daring bone in its limbs. What's more it was super expensive and the staff were disinterested bordering on outright rude. Your local Prezzo/Ask/Pizza Express will better both the food and the atmosphere.

6  Thank JR3473
Pietro M, Owner at Pietros Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your visit to Pietro's. As I will always try to make sure that all our customers leave satisfied, and the majority of them do, I would have liked to have the opportunity to speak to you on the night in order to find out what you did not liked and then I would have had the chance to do something about it. I doubt very much that you would grace us with another visit, but if you decide to pass by, please come to see me so I could talk to you and try to make amends.
Many thanks