“Poor Customer Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stock
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went with friends for Saturday to Sunday stay. The check in staff were very good. The room was ok, the bed was very small despite being told it was king size. We have been members of the gym previously and had stayed previously. The gym has been refurbished and now looks very good - would reconsider joining.
There are things that haven't changed - the bar service / staff attitudes are very poor. Staff just can't be bothered.
Breakfast came very slow and we had to ask for tea & coffee couple of times and 3 T bags in very small pot. Breakfast staff treat guests as after thought which is same as previous experience.
Lovely hotel and hopefully with planned refurb it will only get better. But please do some staff training on customer service!
Go to the Hoop for food - lovely!

Room Tip: No double glazing so try to get a room not facing the road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yvonne_2305
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for your review we appreciate feedback good or bad.
I will address your concerns regarding customer service and will
look at our current procedures in the bar and restaurant areas.
The hotel is under new management and customer satisfaction is very
important to us.
I hope that you will return in the future to see the completion of our refurbishment
as you said the Gym looks amazing we are very pleased with it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and some girl friends purchased the £30 spa day and some of us upgraded this with treatments. Treatments were great, albeit a little expensive, but the spa itself was a bit underwhelming. Pool ok and sauna ok, jacuzzi a little small, steam room not very steamy.

Lunch was nice, but supplements chargeable on most things and portions were a little small. And there was a good wait for for good. Drinks with lunch aren't included in the price of the spa day. Dining area was stunning.

Staff very helpful, and very smart.

It's not quite 4 spots for me, but better than 3.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We appreciate your review and will look into any points raised. The spa package is very good value and would not be viable if drink was included . We could however look into a new package which would include a drink if this is what our customers would like . We are always looking at new packages and ideas.
Thanks again for your review and I hope that you come back to Greenwoods soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I took my wife to Greenwoods for a birthday surprise this weekend just gone (8th March) on a deal that was actually recommended by one of the reception team, when I rang up to enquire about availability - which was a nice touch.
On arrival we waited for 10 mins or so to be checked in, but as check in was at 2 o'clock, and everyone turned up at the same time, this was to be expected. The check in was easy, polite and nothing was to much trouble. We saw a sign saying that refurbishment was going on, and both had visions of drilling and banging going on all day, but we didn't hear anything.
The room was ok, a bit tired but it was clean and tidy and there wasn't anything to make us unhappy. The bed was REALLY comfy and The shower was very nice with jets cleaning you in places I didn't know we're dirty!
So far, so good.
Now to the Spa......
Robes on, slippers on, no kids - relax time!
So we found a few loungers and set up our base for the afternoon. We went to the sauna and it was Luke warm. Possibly due to the 3inch gap under the door blowing cold air in, so we went to the steam room ...... Same same, cold!
So we got in the jacuzzi. And that was Luke warm at best.
So that was that.
Dinner was delicious we had to pay a small (£1) surcharge on some items on the menu. The surcharge was so small, you kind of wonder what the point of it is, but anyway it was great, the waitress was so so friendly and made us welcome.
Same with breakfast.
Then we went to the spa for our massages and that melted away my disappoint from the day before. It was wonderful. The girls were very professional and good at their jobs.
So that's it! Overall fine, but the spa let us down a bit!

Ps pop over to the bear pub for lunch......lovely!

2 Thank Steve H
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that were happy with your room, dinner and breakfast.
And I am pleased that your stay was not disrupted by our refurbishment which we have kept to a minimum. We are currently addressing the points which you have raised regarding the spa and I am sorry that you were not totally happy with your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatments as I think that they are excellent too. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just returned from an overnight stay at Greenwoods, and was impressed by our experience of it all. A beautiful building with very efficient reception staff, and a delightful room for our stay. Everything was to a extremely high standard including robes and slippers waiting for us to get to the best bit . . .the Spa!

We had a very nice couple massage in the premium suite which was very relaxing with perfect room temperature and soothing music.

The swimming pool was warm and a lovely size, the hot tub/Jacuzzi was very warm and bubbly as one would wish for.

The restaurants were very good for lunch, dinner and breakfast. The waiting staff were very efficient, and the food was excellent, all cooked and presented to an extremely high standard.

We would thoroughly recommend greenwoods, and would certainly come again ourselves.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LucyH0103, Manager at Greenwoods Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your review I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.
I hope to welcome you back to Greenwoods in the very near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited Greenwoods Hotel for a much needed spa day . I have to say that although the hotel is in the throws of a refurb which I'm so pleased about because it's such a beautiful place and location, this did not by any means effect our amazing day. The staff have to be congratulated as they are and I find have always been so helpful and accommodating and my friend and I had full body massage and facial finished off with a manicure and a bottle of bubbly and a superb salad off the day menu in the relaxing bar area. And without mentioning any names there were a few celebs wafting through which made it ever more exciting.

It's good to see changes going on at this gorgeous place including some of the managers mentioned a new restaurant to be built in the spa area and refurb in public areas so I look forward to coming back and seeing the changes and it will be worth the wait I'm sure. I highly recommend a visit and stay at Greenwoods.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review we appreciate all feedback.
We try very hard to please our guests in the hope that they will return in the future and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Essex, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I were bought an overnight stay at Greenwoods as a gift. We love going away and staying overnight at spa hotels as you come away feeling refreshed and revitalised. Unfortunately, this was not the case at Greenwoods.

Firstly I need to say that the receptionists are exceptional and I hope their efforts are recognised by management. Secondly, the therapists and staff in the spa area are also excellent.

Our experience was mediocre and the excuse of "we're under new management" and "we are currently refurbishing" was used constantly. Our room which was directly above the newly relocated gym was very noisy. So much so that we asked the manager (who was very helpful) to come and listen to a gentleman pounding the treadmill below us.

The spa pool area was untidy and not in the least relaxing. The beds around the pool were empty and were covered in towels and gowns left by guests. We decided to pop into the steam room but were unable to because of people lying down on the seats. We eventually got changed, went for a walk in the tired grounds and returned to the lounge for pre-dinner drinks.

The restaurant is ok. The same cannot be said for the menu. A bland choice of food that most people could cook at home, - not inspiring. The artificial blue flowers in vases by the windows were dated and unnecessary.

The following morning we were woken up at 6am by banging doors. Another uninspiring visit to the restaurant for breakfast followed.

My Tangle Me Up wrap was sensational and Katherine, my therapist was very good.

All in all, my husband and I would not return to Greenwoods, - nor would we recommend them. We are both astonished to find the hotel and restaurant has four AA stars and assume they did not actually get a visit from the AA!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa B
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Greenwoods.
It is very difficult to accommodate everybody's needs and its is a shame that you found so many things not to your liking, I am currently investigating and addressing the problems that you experienced but with all change there is an element of disruption and we feel that we have kept it to a minimum. We have had many good reviews during the refurbishment so I am sad to hear that you would not return. Hopefully you will reconsider and .try us again in the future.
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Greenwoods gets better and better with the new management. The reason my mum and I go so often is not just to do the aqua class with Robin but also to chill out. The reception staff are always so friendly, they have a great team of beauty therapists, to name my favourites, Karen and Jessica. We always feel so welcome. The place has a great atmosphere as its classy with members who are very friendly rather than some other local places that can be clicky and posey. I highly recomend Greenwoods.

• Stayed February 2014
      Cleanliness
I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our facilities at Greenwoods and I thank you for your feedback. We are making exciting changes throughout our hotel and I am sure that you will enjoy the new facilities even more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stock
Pontlands Park
#1 of 4 in Brentwood
BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel
BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel
#3 of 12 in Chelmsford

Been to Greenwoods Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!